• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Strap for Oakley Sunglasses (Fuel Cell)?

SanityGaming

Oakley Beginner
I own a couple of pairs of "Oakley Ferrari Fuel Cell Polarized Sunglasses".
The issue is, with the damn construction of them, finding any type of strap is difficult as hell!.

Does anyone know of a good really sturdy great one to buy?
I live in the UK, and I'm not going to pay loads in import charges...

Any suggestions or links for the UK would be great.
Thanks!

---
Oakleys sell something called the "Leash kit", But I've got no idea if it would be great, if it fits, and what not.

You might be using them wrong....

Drill two small holes and make your own strap.

This has to be either a joke or a complete incompetent pathetic response, if you think I'm going to make holes into my "Oakleys", then you are completely mistaken... Please take lame responses elsewhere, thanks...

I'm not damaging glasses that cost me about £200+ or so brand new,
You may be some wealthy jock or someone, who can afford to do that, but not everyone is...

If you can't be of any real mature help go elsewhere because a remark like yours just proves that with age doesn't come maturity.

Last edited:
This has to be either a joke or a complete incompetent pathetic response, if you think I'm going to make holes into my "Oakleys", then you are completely mistaken... Please take lame responses elsewhere, thanks...

I'm not damaging glasses that cost me about £200+ or so brand new,
You may be some wealthy jock or someone, who can afford to do that, but not everyone is...

If you can't be of any real mature help go elsewhere because a remark like yours just proves that with age doesn't come maturity.

Good god haha

Lol maybe use the search function next time before getting so emotional about a response.
People have done it many times before. And they are fuel cells....so why not.

There’s an entire section dedicated to modifying our Oakley’s. but why would you ever do that fuel cells you paid $200 for. Right, of course.

Didn’t know you’ve never used a drill before, sorry. Two small holes isn’t damage if it serves a purpose and provides a solution to your problem. I mean, are you planning on selling them or wearing them? Think about it.

There’s also plenty of straps on the market. Search buy and test.

Welcome to the forum

Some of our modders here have drilled holes into their frames and added Racing Jacket straps to make them work. Really professional work too. Check out @SouLFuLFroG 's work here: For Sale - SOULFUL REVERT 95.

He drilled two small holes and attached a Racing Jacket strap. It looks factory.

I'm sure @Rhymes meant this when he made the suggestion. I'm sure he meant well, but might have been misleading to a new member with a low post count.

What are you doing while wearing your sunglasses that will cause them to fall? If they're slipping off easy, maybe you should consider getting a frame that has unobtanium on the earstems as well as nose pieces to keep them from falling off as easy?

If you don’t want to drill 2 small holes just get the Large Leash kit oakley makes. Its cheap and works well. Just clean it every once in a while with mild dish soap and water. Croakies just ruin the look of Oakleys imo.

Latest Posts

Back