• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Strike 3 For Ebay

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
Found a set of Tens, matte black/warm grey on ebay, and got them cheap enough to use as a donor frame for a new set of lenses.

After winning and paying the item was marked as shipped and the listing was deleted. I checked the seller out and took a gamble since it was a pretty low price, but my package originated from Hong Kong. Ebay made me wait until the item arrived to open a case.

Well they arrived today. A fake set of Monster Dogs in a junky case with all of the telltale signs of being fake.

Three times in a row now I've been burned on ebay. Twice getting an item in much worse shape than anticipated, and now getting duped with a total fake.

Damn It.

Oh no. Not three times in a row. I cross my fingers for you and hope you will be lucky next time.
I can tell you the black matte Ten X frame is really nice and you should try to get a real one.

Mr Rusty... You must remember that if it seems too good to be true, well... You know the rest...
It was almost too good. Cursory check cleared it, I believe it had a US location for shipping, feedback, etc. The listing is dead now, I don't have anything to go back and look at to see if I screwed up.

did the seller have big clear picture of the item? I hope you get your money back!!!!
Yup, looked legit from what I recall.

Oh no. Not three times in a row. I cross my fingers for you and hope you will be lucky next time.
I can tell you the black matte Ten X frame is really nice and you should try to get a real one.
I have one already, with VR28 black polarized lenses. I wanted another to do a OO Red polarized set.

It is what it is, but I'm done buying on ebay for the time being.

Yeah I think I got burned too, I bought a pair of frogskins for $33 and it seemed good because the guy had a good rating from Connecticut, It said shipped September 4th, and got a tracking email 2 weeks later that it is leaving china. Account has been deleted and still haven't gotten anything

Yeah I think I got burned too, I bought a pair of frogskins for $33 and it seemed good because the guy had a good rating from Connecticut, It said shipped September 4th, and got a tracking email 2 weeks later that it is leaving china. Account has been deleted and still haven't gotten anything

Did you win at that price or buy it now?

Mine was an auction, similar setup though with the bait and switch.

The seller told me to send them back, I told him to pound sand and I won't spend money to return counterfeit merchandise to god damn China.

Have a look at the problem (click to enlarge):

t2e5gisi.png

Latest Posts

Back