• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Stripped T6 Screw Head

Glad to hear you got it out. However you misread the pry method lol. You were to place the side of the blade between the 2 sections of the orbital. Basically, where the rubber gasket sits and pry them apart...Not in the hole where the screw is/was. You would definitely tear it up lol. Either way, you got it and that's the important part...patience paid off
Haha! Ah it figures I got it wrong. lol I understand now and see what is meant to do, though wouldn't that destroy the rubber gasket there? I wouldn't know of where a replacement would be found for those. Thank you for your help though! Now I can add another technique to my repertoire if I ever need to tackle such an issue again.

Linegear makes pretty good aftermarket gaskets

For which frame?!? Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of LG rubbers, but, aside from the color options, their gaskets are the biggest failing compared to OEM; the silicone is too squishy, instead of screwing tight you have to manually find the balance between too squished and screwed in enough not to come loose... Not fatal, but not as good as OEM.

The other pieces work well, though, even in sweat - probably last longer, too...

R1 gaskets are the exception; you want squishy then...

If one can't find OEM, can't make their own, and have to resort to aftermarket then your choices are quite limited.

I'm personally a fan of OEM and I go to the extraordinary length of fabricating my own rubbers using OEM. They don't look brilliant when they're lonely on display (hence why I don't sell them), but once installed, it's functional and looks respectable. If you want stiff gaskets, I've made plenty of stiff ones in the past using non-OEM rubbers.

Just ordered some. And the pin pusher and replacement nose rubber as Oakley Europe seem to be getting sloppy. If my Juliets are going to get botched, I might as well do it myself rather than paying someone else...

Just ordered some. And the pin pusher and replacement nose rubber as Oakley Europe seem to be getting sloppy. If my Juliets are going to get botched, I might as well do it myself rather than paying someone else...

Wow - would love to see some pics documenting your efforts, as well as your feedback on the process and how well the rubber works...

Latest Posts

Back