• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Stripped T6 Screw!!

Thanks for the info on the screwdriver guys! Appreciate it! Might have to get a hold of one if I decide to get a X Metal frame in the future.

Btw, regarding scratching the frame... I meant while screwing out the T6.

I actually told an O-Store employee to change out my lenses from BI to VR28 Polarized but after a while I was told that my screw was stripped. I haven't really inspected it before so I don't really know if they stripped it or it was stripped when I got it. To add to that, the frame was scratched, my guess from friction of the turning of the screwdriver. I would suppose there is a perfect angle of being able to screw the T6 out without scratching the frame at all?

(Sold the Juliet already, frames, nose bridge and lenses were a perfect 10/10. Sold it because of the stripped screw and the scratches on the frame due to above) :tongue:
If you're doing it correctly, there shouldn't be any scratching to the frame at all when removing the screw. There's plenty of clearance for the screwdriver tip.

I have the ones they use at Oakley, and I have yet to strip a screw with it, unless it has already been messed with of course. They use Wiha-SoftFinish 325 T6x60 drivers. I got it from an employee years ago...a pic from google is below. I have like 6 of them and they are solid as can be

Where'd you get this? Is $15 the cheapest I can get it for? It always seems to be around at $6 + $9 shipping.

Btw is everything rubbery? Even the red-colored area towards the tip?

Where'd you get this? Is $15 the cheapest I can get it for? It always seems to be around at $6 + $9 shipping.

Btw is everything rubbery? Even the red-colored area towards the tip?

it is. that particular one is the insulated model, which is what they use at hq, and has the jacketing down the shank to prevent electrical grounding/short circuiting, but serves no real purpose for this application lol. can getbawaybwith a non shielded standard driver from them...i likevthe handle most of all, waynless chance of slipping with those skinny POS drivers

I'm thinking a quality t6 head but not sure a big handle. Bigger handle, better grip = more torque. More torque means more stripping

I know this thread is older, but I wanted to add a +1 to the try a T7 to catch the head of a stripped T6 screw suggestion. This tip just saved my butt on my Juliets that I'm stripping down... One of the many reasons I love this forum! :) Definitely going to buy a better set of drivers as suggested by the X-Man...

Back