• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Stripped Torx T6 Screw, Juliets

amcfarla

Oakley Beginner
I am posting this to see if anyone has any suggestions, bought a few pairs of replacement lenses for my Oakley Juliets and they provided a Torx T6 screwdriver with the lenses. Well the 1st screw was a little tough, but it came lose and allowed me to replace the first lens, well the problem comes on the 2nd screw, the screw was much tighter and the screwdriver they provided would not loosen the screw, well I am sure you see where this is going, the screw is now completely stripped and the provided screwdriver just spins trying to loosen it. I am unsure how to remove this screw from my Juliets, being the screw is recessed so you really cannot do any dremmeling on the screw to be able to use a flathead screwdriver. So at this point I am kind of stuck, I called Oakley and they don't have parts to replace the frames and they will not sell individual parts so they cannot really do anything for me. Anyone have any suggestions on removing a stripped Torx screw I am all ears. Thank you.

I've done the same thing with those orbital screws before. You can try using a larger torx driver, like a T-7, or a small flat-head driver to see if you can get it loose.

Latest Posts

Back