• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Stuck In A Rut?

Herbsley try customising. I did this with a pair of jawbone when Oakley Europe had the problem with pricing the other week, team blue frame, white jaw & socks, pearl bolt, gold icons. Perfect for an Everton supporter too. Look at the Jawbone or Split Jacket? Also the Jury are nice. Regarding the Pit Bull the only ones i would have are the FMJ's. Most of my collection are the older models ie Monster Dog's, Splice, Fat Cat. I still think Oakley SHOULD do a Splice 2 as these were & still are a superb glass.

I agree a Splice 2 would be nice. But it'll never happen. The Splice was, what, the price of today's Straight Jacket? And look at the labor involved in making it; two piece frame, screws etc. The company is only interested in churning out cheaper O-Matter frames in huge quantities but charging the same prices (or MORE) than they did for more complex frames 5, 7 years ago. If they did make a frame like that it would probably bump $250. Maybe more.

Interesting topic... The last "must-have" things in the last 2 years have been the Jade-iridium lenses (got them in a Radar Path) and the Batwolf for me. Others are imo no improvement of existing styles ("Fast Jacket vs Flak Jacket"), or, as others have already mentioned, are way too big for a smaller faced guy like me (Dispatch, Eyepatch 2...). So, on my wishlist for me as a "just-wearer" are at the moment only the Violet-iridium lenses (don´t know which frame, have already a Fuel Cell and Frogskins or Jupiters are not my style) and - going back to the old times - a Half-Jacket Rotbeer customized with VR 28 gold iridium polarized lenses...

I agree a Splice 2 would be nice. But it'll never happen. The Splice was, what, the price of today's Straight Jacket? And look at the labor involved in making it; two piece frame, screws etc. The company is only interested in churning out cheaper O-Matter frames in huge quantities but charging the same prices (or MORE) than they did for more complex frames 5, 7 years ago. If they did make a frame like that it would probably bump $250. Maybe more.

I know, it's such a shame as this is what DID set Oakley apart in my opinion. The artists series keeps some of the frames alive but i think they need to look back at the early days & some of the frames they DID produce. Production costs are far cheaper now & so this should keep the cost down to a certain degree. The Romeo is a classic frame & one that i love the look of with it's large "X" over any of the other metal frames. Maybe i'm being a little nostalgic but i've not been collecting Oakley's for too long & some of the old frames are WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UNIQUE.............

Interesting topic... The last "must-have" things in the last 2 years have been the Jade-iridium lenses (got them in a Radar Path) and the Batwolf for me. Others are imo no improvement of existing styles ("Fast Jacket vs Flak Jacket"), or, as others have already mentioned, are way too big for a smaller faced guy like me (Dispatch, Eyepatch 2...). So, on my wishlist for me as a "just-wearer" are at the moment only the Violet-iridium lenses (don´t know which frame, have already a Fuel Cell and Frogskins or Jupiters are not my style) and - going back to the old times - a Half-Jacket Rotbeer customized with VR 28 gold iridium polarized lenses...
when I saw this I thought it was my post Yup Nailed it with this...I agree completely on all counts

Like you guys... i too feel that there's nothing out there that screams "buy me now!"
The last purchase that got me kinda stoked was the Echelon and Jupiter Camo JB... since then, its been kinda yawnzz... Lately, i've just been scouring the Bay for good deals on x-metals, nothing really to get hyped up about.

In a rut?? yes, for now... *sigh

On the bright side... think of it as saving $$$ for now... :)

Do u like the fuel cell? Try customizing pair with custom ear stems? Also, the eyepatch 2 has some cool colorways with blk and violet, blue frame, purple frame etc. If not, the fast jacket has some cool colorways and there is also the jupiter camo and infinite hero lines. They have def become somewhat vanilla, but there is some color out there too! A custom jawbone or batwolf is always fun too!

Yes, I do like the (Infinite Hero or Science f.e.) Fuel Cells. But for me, owning one model is enough and I´m happy with my Taca Edition. I would buy the Eyepatch 2 black/violet immediatley if they were only smaller...

I hear what you are saying, BAPD. But unfortunately the Gascan, Fuel Cell, Batwolf range of kinda straight-armed squared-profile design of glasses are too tight on my temples. They actually leave a line indentation in my temples when I have worn them.
Shame, as I like the style of Gascan and Fuel Cell, but when I bought them I had to return them for something else, as they simply did not fit.

I've decided I'm gunna "Do a Jono" (as it will now be known) on some Hijinx and paint them up - then bung in some new lenses.
I'll post a pic of the result when it's done.

H.

Back