• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Stuck In A Rut?

haha! i think i don't deserve such credit. =) i too got my inspiration from others out there, and those guys are wayyy ahead in the game. nonetheless, don't forget to share the bling-ed out Hijinx when you're done Herbsley! =)

Splice 2 will bankrupt me..yes they should give it a thought...definitely but somehow I feel like if they do it will be Antix or Fuel Cell only split into 2 colors I want the same fit, unobtanium and colors from the basic me to the crazy so everyone's happy When I get that golden ticket and Mr Wonka gives me Oakley Ill get on it...

I take it you've got some Pit Boss then dude? they're a nice pair from the current range with hints of Oakley's wayward past about them for us old-skoolers, if you aint got any yet i'd save for them! Trons or Dukes if you want the colour! if you like the Splice you can't fail to like the Boss. Other than that the only things floating my boat in the current line-up is X Squareds (modern twist on the classic x metal line) and i do like my custom Scalpels and custom Split Jackets. everything else is like you say same-old square front retro inspired Gas-tincan or Fuel-celery, if i see another kid wearing white Gascans i'll scream lol, but like i say there are one or two cool models around, they sometimes just need the Custom flavour to make them palatable... and other than that it's on ebay and searching for the rare and unusual from the big O's more adventurous former years!

1. I wouldn't pay that much for one pair of shades... anything over about 130 is wasted on me except a true Splice 2 but that would probably be pushing 200
2. Pit Boss fits way too big for my head
3. I literally can't stand polarized glasses They make me physically ill after about 20 minutes

I take it you've got some Pit Boss then dude?

I had the opportunity recently to pick up some Pit Boss for a 'bargain' £250, but still passed it up. I expect a bit of flaming here, but for me personally I don't think they are special enough for the price tag. All our different tastes are spread right across this forum, but I'm afraid mine does not include the Elite series. Yes, I have paid over £200 for X-Metals, because I really love them - and I value others' opinions that they love their Elites. But when I saw the Pit Boss, I just saw some O-Matter glasses with some Ti screwed to it.

Yes they are nice, I agree. But RRP of £450?
Even with all the marketing gumph and O-speak about the manufacturing process, the Elite series makes me feel that Oakley are taking the p155 a bit, and it's the collectors that suffer. So I won't be part of it, even at bargain prices.

I really like the carby C-Six mind you - it's a great idea - but again, I find the price is really quite a bit silly.

It's probably just me . . . .
:smile:

I hear ya Herbsley. I've been an Oakley fan since the original Blades, but I have never "limited" myself to just Oakley sunglasses. I hadn't bought anything Oakley in probably 5 years, until they came out with the Gascan. That's when the "O"bsession started for me again. Like every design company, they go through highs and lows. I have my sights set on a few older O's that I missed out on, but with the exception of the SW Dispatch, there is nothing new for me on the Oakley horizon right now. I was waiting for the Eyepatch II forever...but it doesn't fit me well, so that's out :angry:. So I'm picking up a set of these Bob Marley's this week (I'm sure this will get deleted or hated on, but I don't care! LOL) http://www.freerideboardshop.com/me...ab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/e/l/elmore_bob.jpg I'm kinda in love with this frame and series right now. There is at least 3 other versions of this frame that I am going to pick up. They fit me just right. And yes, I know they kinda look like frogskins...but these actually fit me :cool:

for me it's more of being stuck in a rut getting different frames. Of the new stuff O released, only the fuel cell works for me and i really like it a lot.

I LOVE both C-Six's, alloy and full carbon. Pit Boss was a let down to me. i'd rather have a c-six.

If you like the Hijinx, you should definitely try the Antix. To me, the Antix is very cool looking with the shield lens and the fit is amazing. I've always said the Antix, in my opinion, is the most comfortable of all Oakley sunglasses.

I've tried the Antix a couple of times, and ummed and ahhed over buying a pair as - let's face it - it is a single shield lens version of the Hijinx.
But for some reason I cannot get away with the single shield look.

Similar thing with Oil Drums (I have two pairs and want more) versus Oil Rigs (I have none, and look a bit silly in them).

Back