• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Style points for the Callaway Vette???

Like the new Z06 too but to have to climb in and out of the C-Way via the hatch in the roof would either be awesome or awful depending on your temperament and if you are in shape.
And yes, I know "round" is a shape. :)

I think he means the C7R or the race version, owning a corvette I can tell you first hand they aren't that bad getting in and out, I will say there is a technique. If you are tall or on the heavy side it prob isn't the best car for you. I was at the state inspection station the other day and I watched a guy prob 6'5" 350 wedge himself in and out of a Ferrari 355 spider, funniest five minutes in I couldn't tell you how long. Any way, for anyone that is interested in a Vette and hasn't been in one since the 80's 90's go test drive a C7 its a whole new animal. Not a lot of cars out there that do 0-60 in 2.8 for under 100k just my 2 cents.

The last 2 gens of Vettes really have been good bang for your buck agreed but my point was not the race R's but the Callaway in question. Ingress/egress through a roof hatch might be novel one day one but surely wane thereafter.

The last 2 gens of Vettes really have been good bang for your buck agreed but my point was not the race R's but the Callaway in question. Ingress/egress through a roof hatch might be novel one day one but surely wane thereafter.
I checked a little further into this car. Looks like the driver gets in and out of the door.

Here you go. He gets in through the door. :)

Must be some regulation, I don't follow car racing but the roof access seems a bit drastic. Hoping that in 2017/2018 they go through with the mid engine all wheel drive Vette. Porcshe better step up their game.

Must be some regulation, I don't follow car racing but the roof access seems a bit drastic. Hoping that in 2017/2018 they go through with the mid engine all wheel drive Vette. Porcshe better step up their game.
Escape hatch if he can't get out through the door in an emergency

Back