• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Style preference

MinC13

I should Work at Oakley
Is it me, or has Oakley completely done away w frames like The Straight Jacket 2007, valves and Monster Dogs, which had more of a sleeker shape and a nice comfortable wrap to them?

I was just on their website, and everything seemed boxy-looking and big.

My wife makes fun of me for my affinity towards late 90s/early 00s style, so it probably is me:cool:

It’s baffling. Outside of a few of their lifestyle frames, like the twoface and Holbrook, nothing in their current lineup appeals to me. I’d love to start a thread w people listing frames released within the last 10 years that people actually enjoy.

I love the 2007 Straight Jackets, so I was stunned when I recently learned that they were discontinued. Luckily, I was able to snag a pair on Oakley SI.

you’re right, StG, I guess that was to be expected when they were bought out by luxotica. Shame

It's not just Oakley/Lux. The current fashion style for eyewear leans toward larger frames. That's why, as you say, smaller, vintage glasses (which look "normal size" to me) are often described as from the 90's.

It's not just Oakley/Lux. The current fashion style for eyewear leans toward larger frames. That's why, as you say, smaller, vintage glasses (which look "normal size" to me) are often described as from the 90's.
And that's exactly the problem with Lux.
Mainstream fashion glasses without heart and soul.
Oakley was not fashion-oriented.
They made whatever they wanted or whatever they thought was right for a special function.

Latest Posts

Back