• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Style Switch

s3sunruh

Oakley Expert
Casper WY
This is a pair that hasn't really gotten any love on the forum. I pulled the trigger on these out of curiosity. These have tungsten and black iridium lenses that can be easily switched out. They have nice details here and there. And even though these are the dreaded Made In China glasses, they actually feel really nice. I cannot tell a difference between the o-matter on these versus the batwolfs I have in the same colorway. The only thing that makes these feel a bit less on the quality scale than older pairs is that they are very sparing with the amount of material used. This is an issue that plagues the offshoot for me as well. The arms are quite thin. With that said, these are still a really solid pair of daily wear glasses.

tumblr_mt937fqJEX1rbptugo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mt937fqJEX1rbptugo2_1280.jpg
tumblr_mt937fqJEX1rbptugo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mt937fqJEX1rbptugo4_r1_1280.jpg

These are made in the USA!!!
You haven't been up to date on oakley as of late. All of the new models that have been coming out have been made in china. Lenses are still made in the USA. They are assembled here in the USA. But like I said. The quality hasn't changed so it isn't that big of a deal. If you want to know more, there are tons of threads floating around that discuss this business decision from oakley.

Congrats on the purchase.Yours and the crystal black-bip chrome are my favorite colourways

I have the Polished Clear / BIP / Violet pair and love them. The fit is really good. I am getting the Burquist edition ones soon. I also like the pair you got because of the Tungsten / BIP lens combo.
and as Stavros said the Crystal black pair is awesome as well because you get Chrome Iridium lenses. Probably will get all of these some day

i have one pair so far, these probably wont replace my fuel cells, but i do like them alot.

You haven't been up to date on oakley as of late. All of the new models that have been coming out have been made in china. Lenses are still made in the USA. They are assembled here in the USA. But like I said. The quality hasn't changed so it isn't that big of a deal. If you want to know more, there are tons of threads floating around that discuss this business decision from oakley.

Your response made me laugh so hard i almost fell out of my chair. I assure you I know more than most anyone posting on this site with respect to where product is produced. You have been reading a lot of wrong information.

How much have you worn them much? To me they felt a bit flimsy but I am used to radars, m-frames and the like so that may be why I get that impression. I am still open to them just been waiting for more feedback on durability.

Well I wore them to classes this morning. No issue with them so far. I fear that they will get weak in the hinges like my oil rigs did, but overall they feel pretty solid. It's definitely not anything like a sports pair though. Those are well beyond solid. To me, they aren't anything super exciting though, even though you can change lenses in a snap.

I have worm mine quite a bit over the couple months I've had them. I am just careful with the switchlock as it is thin and not as sturdy as the ones for jawbone and split jacket etc. Other than that that are sturdy. The hinges are still tight and holding up well.

Back