• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Subject 006011-05 has been acquired.

Please don't refinish that frame. I'm sure plenty of people here would gladly trade you for what you want.
I asked sort of the same questions about refinishing a TiO2 XX and was met with pleas to preserve. That frame is in safe hands as is and Im wearing a pair of XM XX in its place. Refinishing is a last resort.

You might like this combo too
image.jpeg

Last edited:
I asked sort of the same questions about refinishing a TiO2 XX and was met with pleas to preserve. That frame is in safe hands as is and Im wearing a pair of XM XX in its place. Refinishing is a last resort.

You should have plenty of people that are willing to trade with you. I already have that pair, but if you get to a point that no one wants to trade and you're considering refinishing that frame, let me know. I'll trade with you.

That frame is sweet man! If it was beat to hell and scratched, sure, a refinish would be in order. But as-is, its too pretty to refinish :) Seriously though, I'm also not a huge fan of the polished frames (too shiny). The big exception for me is the older serialized polished Juliets. They have this less than refined finish that almost looks hammered out. One of those is my favorite daily beater because it has a dull polished finish and isn't super shiny. Congrats again on such a nice looking pair!

Back