• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sublime Lenses - Anyone Tried Them/Reviews?

Well it appears some of you have no appreciation for these lenses but I was looking more for an analytical approach in terms of durability, fit, etc. Less glossolalia ;)

Nobody's speaking in tongues here.

They appear durable enough.

They also apparently lack prism compensation, as do almost all aftermarkets, which translates into them having inferior optics compared to Oakley.

I know this post is old, but having just bought a pair of sublime lenses I thought I'd share the experience.

I joined the forum about 15 months ago, looking for help to identify my Oakleys (thanks Lexcampo). Yes, it's taken me this long to get round to ordering new lenses! I ordered Oakley canteen 1.0 lenses in dark brown. They arrived quickly, the fit is reasonable but not great (lenses a fraction taller, and a smidgeon narrower than the originals but fit firmly).

However, in terms of quality I am not impressed. In both lenses there are clear, albeit small, sections of distortion that make my vision blurry. This is more pronounced in one lens.

I'm currently trying to contact them to get a refund but can't get through by phone and have not received a response to a message left. In the interests of fairness, if I'm succesful in getting a refund I will come back and update, but at the moment my message is buyer beware!! Oh well, back to the drawing board for new lenses....

I know this post is old, but having just bought a pair of sublime lenses I thought I'd share the experience.

I joined the forum about 15 months ago, looking for help to identify my Oakleys (thanks Lexcampo). Yes, it's taken me this long to get round to ordering new lenses! I ordered Oakley canteen 1.0 lenses in dark brown. They arrived quickly, the fit is reasonable but not great (lenses a fraction taller, and a smidgeon narrower than the originals but fit firmly).

However, in terms of quality I am not impressed. In both lenses there are clear, albeit small, sections of distortion that make my vision blurry. This is more pronounced in one lens.

I'm currently trying to contact them to get a refund but can't get through by phone and have not received a response to a message left. In the interests of fairness, if I'm succesful in getting a refund I will come back and update, but at the moment my message is buyer beware!! Oh well, back to the drawing board for new lenses....

Their lenses are cheap in both senses of the word. You get what you pay for when it comes to lenses but thanks for the input

Back