• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Suggest an everyday lens tint

Tigerman82

Oakley Beginner
I'm thinking about buying my second prescription Oakley sunglasses. As I live in an area where it's very difficult to find a good selection of Oakley sunglasses and tints, I'd like to ask for your help on choosing a suitable lens tint for Oakley Garage Rock sunglasses in Crystal Black.

The tint would have to match the bluish translucent frame of the Garage Rocks and would have to be suitable for everyday situations. The Oakleys I own have Tungsten Iridium Polarized lenses and they have been excellent from playing a pick-up basketball game in sunny conditions to going indoors (it's important to me that I can continue wearing the sunglasses when I go into to a store or even a pub).

My current favourite might be the 00 Black Iridium Polarized tint which is supposed to be a good everyday lens with a pleasant tint. I did try to search for bluish tints (to match the frame) but it seems that most of them are for more extreme conditions and would therefore be unsuitable for indoors use etc. In some stores I've seen the Garage Rocks are paired with Emerald Iridium which does have a bluish tint but I'm not sure if there's some green as well (which I wouldn't want).
Oakley%20Garage%20Rock%20Crystal%20Black_Black%20Iridium%20(OO9175-05)C.jpg

Go for OO Black or OO Red. Sometimes Black Iridium is too dark indoors. Going for a contrast lens somehow lightens everything up.

I was gonna suggest the Tungsten but you already have that. Gold Iridium is pretty similar to Tungsten so that's probably out as well.

If you can get OO BIP for that frame then I would recommend that lens 100%.
It tends to be my reliable go-to lens for changeable weather conditions and all-day wear.

OO BIP is 10% transmission, same as my BIP which I find a little dark indoors.
I am really liking my Prizm Daily which have higher light transmission than any black iridiums. They do not hide my eyes like red or black iridiums, which seems to put some people off them.
Is your choice wider when having prescription lenses made?

Why not just get Oakley's clear-Black Iridium transitions? They don't get quite as dark as regular BI but as a "never take off" pair that's about as good as it gets.

Go for OO Black or OO Red. Sometimes Black Iridium is too dark indoors. Going for a contrast lens somehow lightens everything up.

I was gonna suggest the Tungsten but you already have that. Gold Iridium is pretty similar to Tungsten so that's probably out as well.
I don't wear them inside or at the club

Why not just get Oakley's clear-Black Iridium transitions? They don't get quite as dark as regular BI but as a "never take off" pair that's about as good as it gets.

There might be an issue if OP intends to use the pair for driving since Clear-to-Black Iridium Transitions does not activate behind the windshield.

Latest Posts

Back