• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Suggestions appreciated here.

Skyler

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
I'm thinking making my last purchase (yea right!)....
A few options I have in mind:
Juliet TI02 with matching box
Romeo 1
Or going with a custom frame.

I would like to go with the Romeo option but there are some challenges I recognize are issues to me:

Price.

No lens availability except for custom cut--- prefers VR28BIP-- not sure whether that cut can be made.

Few parts avail

I don't care much for original lenses as I have a preference for polarized.

I have never worn one ! don't know whether they fit me but look funny or don't fit my round face at all.

I will tell you that round orbitals frame make me look funny and Romeo 1 appears rounder than Juliets.

Original Juliets Ti02 are hard to come by.

Any thoughts ?

I'm thinking making my last purchase (yea right!)....
A few options I have in mind:
Juliet TI02 with matching box
Romeo 1
Or going with a custom frame.

I would like to go with the Romeo option but there are some challenges I recognize are issues to me:

Price.

No lens availability except for custom cut--- prefers VR28BIP-- not sure whether that cut can be made.

Few parts avail

I don't care much for original lenses as I have a preference for polarized.

I have never worn one ! don't know whether they fit me but look funny or don't fit my round face at all.

I will tell you that round orbitals frame make me look funny and Romeo 1 appears rounder than Juliets.

Original Juliets Ti02 are hard to come by.

Any thoughts ?

As much as I love Juliets, I would go for the R1. Yes, the price is rough, but they're worth having. If you end up not liking them, there's many others who'd be glad to buy them from you, if your price isn't outrageous. Personally I was surprised by how much I liked them.

For parts, LineGear can provide rubbers and screws. They're not OEM, but they are suitable replacements. Actually the screws might even be better than OEM.

Contact @InfiniteHero about VR28 BIP donor availability.

For a TiO2 Juliet, I think the path of least resistance is to get a beater pair of any finish and have @THE X-MAN refinish them to TiO2.

In terms of look, you may be pleasantly surprised, @Skyler. My face is big and imperfectly round and I didn't look too bad in a R1 although the fit wasn't right.

I'll defer to the metal experts regarding everything else.

R1 is def the best choice. As stated, earlier, if u decide u don't like them there are many people here who would gladly take them off your face, I mean hands. Lol. There are aftermarket non-OEM lens replacements available and for very good prices.

Juliet Ti O2 is not a bad choice either, but pricey as well. Not quite in the R1 price range, but still an investment. You really can't go wrong either way, but in my opinion, I'd say R1. That is a biased opinion though, because I really like the R1.

Thanks Kronin323. Your replies are always appreciated.

I guess all of you guys pushed over to the Romeo 1 pending what InfiniteHero response is regarding the cut.

Why is it?
Because they made so much fewer of them. Maybe at least 10 times more R1's than Ti02 Juliets.
A boxed Ti02 Juliet? An even tougher find.

Latest Posts

Back