• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Suggestions appreciated here.

VR28 BIP lenses for R1 I don't think can be done. Big Taco didnt have them and the Turbines don't seem to have them. My suggestion would be a Prizm Daily Polar Turbine for the cut. Best of all worlds and they aren't stark black like BIP's.

J Ti and the R1 are both investments that will provide a return if they are kept in their condition you get them. Since you are planning on wearing them, get a R1. Spending more to get a box, and OEM lenses is just fine if your budget can afford it. Put the box up, take out OEM lenses and put in box and wear them with custom cuts. You should always have financial success with them if you decide to sell going this route.

Whomever said get a set of aftermarket lenses, there is nothing less than $150 plus that can match a OEM pair of custom cuts. There are some good ones @Linegear Official that can be purchased, but none of them have value and actually will take away from a frame. OEM customs maintain the value, where OEM originals enhance. This has been discussed plenty of times, that is why you see such a demand for OEM customs.

I can do any basic color lenses with better quality (Ziess) than Oakley lenses, but they cost your arm. And maybe part of other things too, but they will also longer without scratches and have slightly better clarity and polarization to them. Any frame can be done with them including the C-6. Several members are going that route.

VR28 BIP lenses for R1 I don't think can be done. Big Taco didnt have them and the Turbines don't seem to have them. My suggestion would be a Prizm Daily Polar Turbine for the cut. Best of all worlds and they aren't stark black like BIP's.

J Ti and the R1 are both investments that will provide a return if they are kept in their condition you get them. Since you are planning on wearing them, get a R1. Spending more to get a box, and OEM lenses is just fine if your budget can afford it. Put the box up, take out OEM lenses and put in box and wear them with custom cuts. You should always have financial success with them if you decide to sell going this route.

Whomever said get a set of aftermarket lenses, there is nothing less than $150 plus that can match a OEM pair of custom cuts. There are some good ones @Linegear Official that can be purchased, but none of them have value and actually will take away from a frame. OEM customs maintain the value, where OEM originals enhance. This has been discussed plenty of times, that is why you see such a demand for OEM customs.

I can do any basic color lenses with better quality (Ziess) than Oakley lenses, but they cost your arm. And maybe part of other things too, but they will also longer without scratches and have slightly better clarity and polarization to them. Any frame can be done with them including the C-6. Several members are going that route.

Just re-read this and its fine, but wanted to make sure to new people that I don't persay outwardly advertise my custom cutting. I do the Gold and Copper Plating and polishing services, but custom cuts I get pm's every day. I do them at a fair price and take care of everything even guaranteeing the cuts no matter what. I offer my advise on lenses from time to time when members like @kronin323 mention me in a thread, I have done likely the most research and testing of lenses of anyone on the forum and can say I learned a lot. I try and give the advice from that research and have had many positive conversations with @Linegear Official about their lenses which at this time are very good ones and very close to Oakleys quality wise. So in other words I am not selling my services when I respond to things most of the time. In the end its up to you the buyer who to buy from and whether or not you want junk, good, quality, or custom quality. Like a few people have said on various threads. Many people love the $8 glasses they get off the rack in Stop and Rob's, so purchase what you will, but be rest assured that if purchasing OEM Customs or OEM you will not have to worry if something could be better or maintain the value of your glasses.

Ok OEM lenses has a better function, just based on some great lenses available here in Japan we made some different color,

Wanted to help a good person out on what they said ----- Linegear lenses fit the same as OEM, the materials used are the same as OEM, they are prism compensated lenses as OEM are also. Based on a 100 scale, Linegear lenses for quality would be 98% to Oakley 100%. The only difference is between them is Oakley's quality control on coatings (Color, mirror (iridium to fanatics)) is slightly better. My last test of LG lenses was stellar and for a alternative lens is the best choice if not going OEM. Without my equipment a normal person could never tell the difference between them viewing wise, I only found it due to magnifying it multiples times on a test for a customer (May 2015).

I have some vr28 by dr chop that are pretty sweet! Don't mind guy pic he's a weirdo ;)
image.jpg

Got it, he wanted polars so tungsten non polar Big taco would not have worked, and cannot remember but maybe there was a Big taco vrpolar but not now. Other frames easy to do, but R1 is a large cut. Turbine Daily Prizm Polar would be better but he went another route. :)

Latest Posts

Back