• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Suggestions appreciated here.

last one seen of the ti02 lnib matched 625 a long long time ago lol im sure now price has increased.

Because they made so much fewer of them. Maybe at least 10 times more R1's than Ti02 Juliets.
A boxed Ti02 Juliet? An even tougher find.

True perhaps, but they made at least 100 times more Juliets than R1's if you look at total production and not a specific colorway.

True perhaps, but they made at least 100 times more Juliets than R1's if you look at total production and not a specific colorway.

But we were talking about a specific colorway:

Probably easier to find a Romeo 1 than a TiO2 Juliet now too.

Carrera1963. Agreed.

Why is it?

Because they made so much fewer of them. Maybe at least 10 times more R1's than Ti02 Juliets.
A boxed Ti02 Juliet? An even tougher find.

I would go with the Juliet nib that is hard if not impossible to come by matching box

That is great advice financially, however this is a pair he is going to wear. So the Ti-02 is not a wearing type, IF you care about residual dollars. You would stop the rate of increase those will continue to have. The R1 can be worn with spare lenses and not detract from the value, due to demand and most people know a vast quantity of R1's were always worn. So Like new works on those.

From what everyone is saying the R1 is the way to go. The theme seems to revolve around the ability to use the frame and retain value.

The other consideration, I would raise is the maintenance which also favours the R1. R1s do not have rivets and the lenses appear to be easily replaced due to the design. The down side is lenses being prone to cracking, but after market lenses would be the worn ones anyway to retain value.

Ti-02 on the other hand would eventually need servicing for the flex couplers and also the finish (from reading on this forum) deteriorates more than others with regular use. As @InfiniteHero mentions, this would be a display piece if you are concerned about depreciation. I like @kronin323 suggestion, if you really like these, to get a donor pair of Juliet's and have them painted.

Back