• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Suggestions For A Good First Pair Of Frogs.....

wow id never buy oakleys off amazon lol. but holy cow, that 1 cent is a huge selling point.

i said the same thing till i bought some of my frogskins on there, as long as you buy from a good place you will be fine. ive bought 2 pairs and both are perfect and i love them both

Hey Mrs H,

You could always get a pair of four-legged Frogs so you have two different "looks" from the one pair of glasses.
You just swap the four legs about to suit your outfit etc.

The only problem I can foresee with this plan, however, is that I will constantly refer to them as Four-Skins.

This may cause embarrassment in public situations and family gatherings.

Errrrrm . . . . Okaaaaay . . .
Thanks for that herb! Haha

Helpful as ever :tongue:

So glad I have you to assist me with these tough decisions

:biggrin:

Smartphones, dear boy. Smartphones.

When we are in the same room, we tend to - ya know - just converse normally like humans. We don't usually need a pc for that. Haha.

I'm nearly always logged in on my Android. Most of my posts are from here.
I also post from my work pc.
But ssshhh. Don't tell anyone about that.
I deny that completely.

IMO I'd recommend the $100 re-release pairs going on right now, cheap(er) way to build a few pairs up. The top contenders seem to be Polished White/Ruby or Matte Black/Violet. Personally I love the look of Violet but the lenses suck for daily use -- they are horrible for bright situations, at least for me I am seeing green ghosts after taking them off. Great looking to the passerbyer however.

As far as Frogs go (and actually most Oakleys generally), I'm a bit of a stickler for the lens colour matching the icon colour.

It's emphasized even more with Frogs, having the long text on the ear-stem. I just think it looks wrong to have them not match.

This would limit my choice somewhat. And counts out a lot of the cheaper re-release models - where Oakley haven't really bothered to make them look particularly nice.

(Spoken like a true Hijinx fan eh? Moderators! Ban him from the Frogskin boards! :smile: )

Back