• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Suggestions For An Added Lens For Fast Jackets

-=Jeff=-

Oakley Expert
I am looking for a lens for my Fast Jackets to compliment the lenses it has..

I have a polished black frame with Jade Iridium and Blue Iridium lenses ( non polarized, Non- XL)

I want a lens for extremely bright conditions, I was thinking of the OO Black Iridium Polarized which I have in my X squared and my Split Jackets, but that is only in XL and not released yet. Leaning towards a polarized lens as a 3rd set to finish this pair of Fast Jackets.

anything else to try? I use to always wear Black Iridium or Black Iridium Polarized for years as RX.

I have been happy with the Jade considering they are not Polarized and Polarized is mostly what I have worn the last several years..

here are the Fast Jackets on me.. sorry the pic is a bit dark
2012-07-26_07-21-34_760.jpg

Have you considered OO Red Iridium Polarized? Or maybe just go with Black Iridium Polarized again? Both of which is offered in the standard cut.

I also like Ice Iridium for bright light. According to Oakley.com, Ice has a 10% light transmission vs the Jade's 17%... which is also why i'm surprised you like the Jade.

Have you considered OO Red Iridium Polarized? Or maybe just go with Black Iridium Polarized again? Both of which is offered in the standard cut.

I also like Ice Iridium for bright light. According to Oakley.com, Ice has a 10% light transmission vs the Jade's 17%... which is also why i'm surprised you like the Jade.

Yeah I am surprised too honestly, but I cannot wear the Jade on bright Directly sunny days..

But even more odd, the Jade which is 17% seems darker to me then the Blue Iridium which is 15%. Go figure that one out, maybe I prefer the neutral or G40 base lenses. Maybe the OO red Iridium Polarized will work for me, but that is only 18%

When I had my Juliets with Ice iridium Polarized lenses I wore those for a while, they were a slight bit lighter tint when looking through them then the Black Iridium Polarized but I did like them.

Dunno, but I think I could do non-polarized in these and be okay

Assuming you didn't buy these full price since they have been discontinued for a while, I'd suggest getting the Black iridium polarized. But the real question is if you buy those lenses for 95$, are you going to even wear your non polarized lenses at all?

Assuming you didn't buy these full price since they have been discontinued for a while, I'd suggest getting the Black iridium polarized. But the real question is if you buy those lenses for 95$, are you going to even wear your non polarized lenses at all?

Yes, I will still wear the non-polarized ones, in fact I like those for medium to bright days but if it gets extremely bright then I need something darker. As for the Blue Polarized I just don't care for the contrast of them, personal preference I guess. Even with my Split Jackets I find myself switching lenses while out if the brightness changes, I just wanted the Fast Jacket for the same purpose.

As for the purchase of the Fast Jackets, I traded another member for them as they were what I wanted and I had something he wanted

Latest Posts

Back