• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Suggestions For New Design - Oakley Forum 4.0?

And its a very simple process... :)

Other forums I use have some amazing blog sections that every member gets involved with @OakleyBoss

I have an almost endless amount of paddling/surfing blogs, all of which use Oakleys :)

Anything specific you are looking for?

I mentioned this in another thread - there's a "newer than" date filter but it'd be nice to have "older than" and "between" filters, too.

It started when I was looking to see how many posts I'd made in a particular thread and I ran into the 200 result max wall. Removing that max would do the trick but instead those additional date filters can let you get the same data (do additional search(es) with an "older than" filter based on the oldest post of the earlier 200 results) while also accommodating additional use cases. Such as:

- You're trying to dig up some really old post you once stumbled across before but don't remember enough details to use other filters to narrow the results (older than).

- You're trying to dig up an old post that you vaguely remember the general time period in which it was made (between).

Another couple of suggestions, more functionality than design:

- Watched Keyword Alerts: you know how you can "watch" a forum and get alerts when new threads are posted there? It would be nice if you could set the same thing with keyword(s), so you get an alert when a new thread and/or post is made containing specified keyword(s) anywhere in the general forum, or restricted to specific forums. Since this would be most useful in the exchange, perhaps it should be a Premium Membership perk.

- Most Popular Posts: this one is just for fun... On a member's profile page, have a tab that lists the posts made by that member that got the most likes, in descending order. The same concept could be applied to the general Notable Members tabs for posts with the most likes forum-wide, but personally my interest would be to see a single member's most liked posts on their profile page.

OH OH OH OOOOOHHHH!!!!!!!!! I GOT ONE!!!

***Raises hand and tries to stay in seat****

How about a part of the joining process each member pass a MINIMUM IQ TEST???? :p

You know....so we can weed out the ************? :D

Raises hand waves them in the air. Teacher tries to ignore me and had no choice but to pick me.

Rich: How about an auto lock for dead threads to avoid revival?

Teacher: "Sit yo a** back down!!!"

Raises hand waves them in the air. Teacher tries to ignore me and had no choice but to pick me.

Rich: How about an auto lock for dead threads to avoid revival?

Teacher: "Sit yo a** back down!!!"
This is a good idea and I've seen it done nicely using phpBB software years ago. Back then the admin could specify how long posts were inactive before they were archived. Once archived the thread was locked and removed from the forum post listings unless it was a stickied topic, but was still able to be found with search queries and linked in other posts. If I remember right there was also a moderator level control to set posts to archive without locking, and to reopen/revive threads in the archive.

I don't know what software this board runs on but I'm sure something like this could be done.

How about only op can only post in his created exchange thread.

Pros- since nobody is following the "pm on whatever item", seller decides who he wants to sell thru pm ed messages. Avoids conflict who bought what with anonimosity.

Avoids less than 48 bump from members not purchasing e.g. "oh this is nice, but i do not have cash".

Op can bump his own thread only and can declare sold without telling who bought what.

Back