• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Suggestions For New Design - Oakley Forum 4.0?

How about only op can only post in his created exchange thread.

Pros- since nobody is following the "pm on whatever item", seller decides who he wants to sell thru pm ed messages. Avoids conflict who bought what with anonimosity.

Avoids less than 48 bump from members not purchasing e.g. "oh this is nice, but i do not have cash".

Op can bump his own thread only and can declare sold without telling who bought what.
I've suggested this in the past and got shut down :/

I've suggested this in the past and got shut down :/

It's tough, we are a forum - a place for people to interact, whether that is through a deal, or just a discussion. To shut off that communication, and only allow it through PM may also lead to more arguments, since it is private. Us as Mods can't moderate PM's. Also selling through PM, allows a buyer to simply bid up a price, and other sketchy stuff. If someone wants an auction that is fine, just post the item on eBay and put the link in an exchange thread here. Just playing devil's advocate a little.

Also plan on working on a fixed navigation bar this weekend. Especially on mobile devices, having it follow you as you scroll is much more convenient.

It's tough, we are a forum - a place for people to interact, whether that is through a deal, or just a discussion. To shut off that communication, and only allow it through PM may also lead to more arguments, since it is private. Us as Mods can't moderate PM's. Also selling through PM, allows a buyer to simply bid up a price, and other sketchy stuff. If someone wants an auction that is fine, just post the item on eBay and put the link in an exchange thread here. Just playing devil's advocate a little.

Also plan on working on a fixed navigation bar this weekend. Especially on mobile devices, having it follow you as you scroll is much more convenient.

Hey Boss, don't know if my post got lost with all the stuff that followed it, but any feedback on the suggestions I made here?

Suggestions For New Design - Oakley Forum 4.0? | Page 2 | Oakley Forum

I would really like to see that most popular posts feature...

I did miss that actually, and really appreciate you pointing it out! I think it's a great idea and something I'm going to work on!

Just implemented the new Sticky Navigation. The to pbar will move with you as you scroll. Thoughts? Opinions? Etc.

Just implemented the new Sticky Navigation. The to pbar will move with you as you scroll. Thoughts? Opinions? Etc.

Nice but could use a little fine tuning. Not sure what everybody else is seeing but here's two things I've noticed (red marks added by me)

1. New alert count. When you receive a new alert, you can see the red popup in the top right but the actual count is cut off:

alert count.png

2. Banner is blocking content - when you follow an alert linking to a post that isn't on the top of the page, like normal that post is at the top of your view. But the scrolling banner covers the first line or two; you have to scroll up to see the content.

View right after following an alert link, with content blocked by banner:

banner block.png

After scrolling up, there's the content!

banner scroll 2.png

Otherwise seems to work fine. Thanks.

Nice but could use a little fine tuning. Not sure what everybody else is seeing but here's two things I've noticed (red marks added by me)

1. New alert count. When you receive a new alert, you can see the red popup in the top right but the actual count is cut off:

View attachment 123581

2. Banner is blocking content - when you follow an alert linking to a post that isn't on the top of the page, like normal that post is at the top of your view. But the scrolling banner covers the first line or two; you have to scroll up to see the content.

View right after following an alert link, with content blocked by banner:

View attachment 123582

After scrolling up, there's the content!

View attachment 123583

Otherwise seems to work fine. Thanks.

Thanks for the tips. I disabled it for now to work on the fixes.

@OakleyBoss

I think it would be cool to be able to have more statistics. Like average word count per post. Posts per day. Pie charts showing sections you post in most. Posts by time of day. Most used word (might be hard to take out some simple common words). There are things that do word maps/clouds.

Some just individual, some also forum-wide to see how you compare to the average, etc.

I just think it would be fun, like baseball stats.

Mostly this stems from me wondering how I might compare on average to most users in how much I type per post.

Back