• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Suggestions For New Design - Oakley Forum 4.0?

@OakleyBoss

I think it would be cool to be able to have more statistics. Like average word count per post. Posts per day. Pie charts showing sections you post in most. Posts by time of day. Most used word (might be hard to take out some simple common words). There are things that do word maps/clouds.

Some just individual, some also forum-wide to see how you compare to the average, etc.

I just think it would be fun, like baseball stats.

Mostly this stems from me wondering how I might compare on average to most users in how much I type per post.

Very cool idea, I'm going to look into this. I enjoy stats as well.

Very cool idea, I'm going to look into this. I enjoy stats as well.
Haha that would be cool -- like Oakleyforum analytics! Maybe that can be something that a lot of can be integrated right into member profile sections and perhaps including maybe a trending thread section or something? I love data (haha I guess that's the math teacher in me) so this might be totally fun. (sounds like it might be a lot of work though)

Haha that would be cool -- like Oakleyforum analytics! Maybe that can be something that a lot of can be integrated right into member profile sections and perhaps including maybe a trending thread section or something? I love data (haha I guess that's the math teacher in me) so this might be totally fun. (sounds like it might be a lot of work though)

Definitely a cool idea. Something else I will be rolling out in the coming days, is a tagging feature. Meaning you can "tag" a thread as "X-Metals" or "Infinite Hero Frogskins" etc. I've used this on other sites and love it. Especially when it comes to threads with a lot of images, since they may not be included in a search for "X-Metals", but may have awesome pictures of them.

Essentially you go to create a thread with your collection and can choose a couple tags. Then you can go and see the most popular/trending tags, and browse through them. I love randomly stumbling on new/old threads I've never seen.

Definitely a cool idea. Something else I will be rolling out in the coming days, is a tagging feature. Meaning you can "tag" a thread as "X-Metals" or "Infinite Hero Frogskins" etc. I've used this on other sites and love it. Especially when it comes to threads with a lot of images, since they may not be included in a search for "X-Metals", but may have awesome pictures of them.

Essentially you go to create a thread with your collection and can choose a couple tags. Then you can go and see the most popular/trending tags, and browse through them. I love randomly stumbling on new/old threads I've never seen.

Can you only tag your threads or can you post tags on others' threads? If the latter, I see some potential for mischief... :spiteful:

Can you only tag your threads or can you post tags on others' threads? If the latter, I see some potential for mischief... :spiteful:

Haha. Members would only be able to tag their own threads.(To avoid "mischief"). Mod's will be able to tag anything, add/remove tags etc. The main difference when properly used (threads are accurately tagged), is it allows you to find the most relevant content around specific areas. A search for "X-Metals", may show hundreds of threads which contain the word "X-Metal", and although search considers relevance, some threads are not focused on X-Metals. By looking at the Tag, you'll mainly see threads focused on X-Metals.

Haha. Members would only be able to tag their own threads.(To avoid "mischief"). Mod's will be able to tag anything, add/remove tags etc. The main difference when properly used (threads are accurately tagged), is it allows you to find the most relevant content around specific areas. A search for "X-Metals", may show hundreds of threads which contain the word "X-Metal", and although search considers relevance, some threads are not focused on X-Metals. By looking at the Tag, you'll mainly see threads focused on X-Metals.

Just added the tagging feature, you should be able to see it when creating new threads! Still working on it, but general idea is there. Let me know any feedback.

Back