• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Suggestions For Traveling With A Bunch Of Sunglasses

jiveSEVEN

I Should Work at Oakley...
Denver, CO
Hi guys,

I am currently deployed to Iraq and have a little more than a month left until I leave. I've bought about 9-10 pairs of Os since I've been here. I really don't want to ship these back because I am afraid of the chance they may get lost. What would you all suggest? I thought about folding the boxes and sticking them in my backpack where the laptop goes so they stay flat, and leaving all of them in the microfiber bag in my backpack. My backpack will never leave my side. What do you all think?

just an idea...but you could leave all your frames in the microbags inside their boxes, and wrap them up individually in bubble wrap.

I don't know what they have over there, but you could even try plastic wrapping all them together thoroughly, like the plastic wrap used for food. I've seen people pack with this stuff before almost creating a giant ball of stuff by wrapping it a lot.

Thank you for serving, and have a safe last month. :usa2:

Firstly, I only have the utmost repect for those who fight for their country. No matter the politics!

I would suggest grabbing afew cases, the larger O cases, like that given for nano wire, can fit two pairs in.Safe return!

Thanks everyone!

These are all good suggestions. However, the problem I am running into is space. I am mailing extra stuff home in 2 of those gorilla storage lockers. Like I said I want to keep these on me. I will have my backpack, suitcase, and rolling duffel bag. The bubblewrap idea would work but if I stuck them in my duffel bag or suitcase, they would still get thrown around and probably smashed. The holbrook/TF3 Gascan boxes are rather big and would crush easily. Wouldn't folding the boxes be the best way to preserve their shape? I figured I could stick all the glasses in their microbags with string tied, because you can sit/step on those things and O Matter won't break.

all the time i have to take care a bunch of glasses i just folding the boxes and ship those in an envelope....
and the glasses goes straight in my backpack..... if you have a hardshell it´s better but a regular one will do the same.
never ever happens something!!!

just don't sit on it . . .

all the time i have to take care a bunch of glasses i just folding the boxes and ship those in an envelope....
and the glasses goes straight in my backpack..... if you have a hardshell it´s better but a regular one will do the same.
never ever happens something!!!

just don't sit on it . . .

yea I am probably gonna stick the glasses in my oakley panel pack and just be extra careful. I will fold the boxes and stick them in a folder to put in my laptop compartment as well. I'd get some cases but I am guessing I will have 15+ oakleys by the time I leave, so that would get pretty pricey!

my hardest time was a "case" with more than 100 glasses. . .
but i made it.

good luck!

and let us know if it works for you.

my hardest time was a "case" with more than 100 glasses. . .
but i made it.

good luck!

and let us know if it works for you.

Damn 100!? Crazy! Glad it worked for you.

I am actually talking to one of the Supply Sergeants and might be able to get some small pelican cases for free and those would be perfect!

what is an pelican case?
some hard-shell box?

i was pretty happy after i got home with my goodies XXX

Latest Posts

Back