• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Suggestions On Duffel Bags For Traveling???

stevan5150

Oakley Expert
I need a tough duffel bag that can be checked on the airplane, not as a carry on. and can with stand the abuse they put them through...I was looking at this one
BAh7CWkKIgwzNjh4NTI3aQtsKweRzRRPaQdpC2kIaQMWfQI.jpg

The Small Gear Duffel... reason for looking at the "small" one is that its 50 bucks cheaper than the big brother. It says its capacity is 42L i wonder if thats plenty of room for 9 days worth of shorts and shirts and one pair of shoes.... any suggestions?

I was looking at this a few weeks ago but don't really need it so started looking at the other duffel bags they do and started thinking the something how big is it will just have to wait till i see one in the flesh

42L is just shy of 1.5 cu ft. So imagine you've got a box that's 12"x12"x18" and try to fit everything you want to in there. I have a hockey coach's bag that's probably closer to 2 cu ft that I use for weekend trips to friends and family, it holds 3 days, toiletries, and could maybe stretch it to 5 days of junk.

I just ordered the Oakley Gear Duffel ( this sucker is huge) apparently its a 89Liter bag, almost triple the size of the i asked about at the top.
211128-p-DETAILED.jpg

and the Oakley Body bag (toiletry bag) lol i know its stupid but i needed one so why not do the oakley one
1697778-p-DETAILED.jpg

Here are some pics guys, this thing is a beast. As you see I have 10 pairs of cargo shorts , 11 Oakley shirts ;-), swim gear, two pairs of shoes belt 12 pairs of boxers and 12 socks. And my Oakley toiletry bag and there is still room to go. Also that is a pic of comparison to a normal size gym duffel. The picture doesn't do the size of this beast justice. All that and it still only weighs 30 pounds. My wife is making fun of me cause I am already packed and the trip is 35 days away. Oh well :p
ad1e8248.jpg

20ace262.jpg

85244179.jpg

dbe13259.jpg

9ae0f2ee.jpg

Wow that holds a ton. Was thinking of getting this or the big suitcase that can split into a carry on. But the pics kinda make me lean a little towards this. might have to do a little more research now lol