• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Suggestions To A New Frog Collector

michaelpule

Oakley Expert
I'm looking for the information, important threads, things to know when starting a Frogskin collection. Since losing 38lbs in the last 4 months, I actually look decent in Frogskins now and might add them to my normal scouting searches. But there are FAR more Frogs than Holbrooks and I don't know what I need to know in starting a collection.

So far, I have:
Infinite Hero Frogs
Acid Orange Tortoise
Deuce Coupe
MPH Marine Fade (w/ grey)
Skate Deck (red/blue)

We wear everything we have, and have a puppy who loves to lick sunglasses on your face, so nothing so rare or expensive we wouldn't want to wear them.

Any suggestions on colorful, fun things to add to the collection? There's so many frogs I don't know where to start.

I would look at getting some of the standard release fades such as the fire flora fade, purple to clear. Cyan to root beer. These all look great and you can find with a little searching. They are not super rare and you should be able to find them all for under 180 at the most which is not bad for a frog that was released over 3 years ago. Some of the current releases such as the acid tortoise, summit, and most likely really soon the aquatiques in vaults for less then retail around the 90 dollar range. The summits and a few of the left over black lights are really easy to find in vaults at the moment.

Hope this helps you

... Hope this helps you
It does thanks, I'm actually looking for the Clear/Purple Fade right now. Saw it on Ebay and I LOVE PURPLE!!! I think I'm going to be on the lookout for those and the Woodgrain Koston (probably the high end of what I would spend on a pair of Frogs), and then grab some fun colors of the aquatique, acid and summit from vaults.

Thanks for the advice.

Woodgrains are awesome that's for sure dude! You could always go the OCP route as well. They got some kick ass lens options now.

Don't get too hung up on what others want or need, just buy what You like. Trust me Frogs are like cancer starts out small next thing you know you need a Dr for your sickness

Don't get too hung up on what others want or need, just buy what You like. Trust me Frogs are like cancer starts out small next thing you know you need a Dr for your sickness
Well more looking for those "iconic" pairs like in Holbrooks the max fear light, cheap and readily available and a must have to any 'brook collector.

Back