• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Suggestions To A New Frog Collector

i find them to feel much more expensive, solid and overall better fitting. i feel like there is ALOT of variation in frogskins between styles though - my fades feel considerably nicer than the aquatiques, for instance. and the gen 1's feel better than both

I would suggest going through some of the frogskins collection threads. It's very dangerous though, so don't say I didn't warn you! That being said I would definitely check out some of the threads done by jono and tmsnewberry, a lot of them are the rarer frogs but some incredible stuff to see. Their are a lot of members who have solid frogs collections that have generously posted vast arrays of pictures documenting some of the coolest and rarest frogs around, so that is where I would suggest you go to see some stuff you may not of seen yet.

At the end of the day if their is an idea or design you really like but can't find, buy a beater pair off the bay and send them to Dr. Chop! You can't go wrong going that route IMO. My only advice with frogs is to start slow. Their is so much diversity in the frogskins line that every time you turn the corner you end up finding another pair you want. As far as iconic or most popular pairs, take your pick haha. Generally the older, more limited release, and unique designs garner the most attention. After that it's all opinion and personal taste, get what you like and are willing to spend the money on but beware of fakes. A few select frogs are very commonly faked so rely on the vast amount of information and knowledgable users to try and avoid the inevitable. Otherwise enjoy the trip through the swamps and ponds of oakley to find your own unique collection of frogs!

IMO if you wanna get into frogs I would look into getting a good example of a first gen, and a second gen. You already have some really sweet 3rd gen frogs like a skate deck. Picking up a first gen isn't crazy expensive as long as you bide your time and look for the deals.

Latest Posts

Back