• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sugru for nose pads?

Jfterichs

Oakley Beginner
I'm trying to revive my old Hatchet frames and nose pads are hard to come by. I have a message in to a member here that might have some but was also wondering if Sugru has been used to any success for this application? Was also wondering what it would take to make a mold of them if I did get some originals or it was cost prohibitive, really just grasping at straws here....

I'm trying to revive my old Hatchet frames and nose pads are hard to come by. I have a message in to a member here that might have some but was also wondering if Sugru has been used to any success for this application? Was also wondering what it would take to make a mold of them if I did get some originals or it was cost prohibitive, really just grasping at straws here....

Did you check with @"TRUMP"? He had some recently

I just sent you a PM. Check your inbox

Sugru becomes somewhat hard when dry. It is still kind of flexible but far from what you want. I tried making t-shocks for a Juliet frame with sugru and although they fit, they had no give and were not useable... Either get a new old stock set from Trump or find a donor that is a close match.

I have Sugru on my Crosslink nose pads and they work fine. Even though I have the Asia fit model, I still needed a bit more lift from the nose pads.

IMG_20181007_171810667.jpg

Back