• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Summer is over......no reason to put on shades

New York sure is bright in the winter, snow reflection is killer on the eyes!
Not that i would ever wear them in the cold, but now i am a bit curious. Anyone know how cold affects Oakley lenses, and frames for that matter ? (Non Snow goggles)
Talking about below 0 Celsius. You know the temperature where water freezes on the correct temperature scale

;)

Sunglasses are needed all year round. Especially for the blue eyed amongst us. From hot summer days to bright clear winters I need mine. Only a few days ago I couldn't have managed without a pair.

Last edited:
Sunglasses are needed all year round. Especially for the blue eyed amongst us. .
Some say that people with blue eyes have a higher alcohol and pain tolerance than people with brown eyes. This eye color myth is actually true. Various studies, one of European Americans (American Journal of Medical Genetics), one of prisoners (Department of Psychology, Georgia State University) and another involving women, indicate that people with light eyes may be able to handle more alcohol/pain than people with darker eyes.
Yes, not only are we beautiful , we are also badass ! :beach:

Blue eyed people are also more likely to abuse alcohol than those with brown eyes.

uhhh...no comment :whistle:

.Blue Eyes - A Complete Eye Color Guide

Not that i would ever wear them in the cold, but now i am a bit curious. Anyone know how cold affects Oakley lenses, and frames for that matter ? (Non Snow goggles)
Talking about below 0 Celsius. You know the temperature where water freezes on the correct temperature scale

;)
I wear O's year round in N.E. I've never had a problem with lenses or frames due to cold weather (below 32 F - the other correct temp scale :D) and have worn them on some pretty cold days. From my experience they have held up as one would expect.

I wear O's year round in N.E. I've never had a problem with lenses or frames due to cold weather (below 32 F - the other correct temp scale :D) and have worn them on some pretty cold days. From my experience they have held up as one would expect.
Celsius temperature scale, also called centigrade temperature scale, scale based on 0° for the freezing point of water and 100° for the boiling point of water. Smart and easy to remember........

of course i myself is beyond those two scales all together. Being a scientist i only use the Kelvin scale

:biggrin:

By the end of the 20th century, Fahrenheit was used as the official temperature scale only in the United States (including its unincorporated territories), its freely associated states in the Western Pacific (Palau, the Federated States of Micronesia and the Marshall Islands), theBahamas, Belize, and the Cayman Islands. All other countries in the world now use the Celsius scale, defined since 1954 by absolute zero being −273.15 °C and the triple point of water being at 0.01 °C.[3]

Holy s!ht, i now understand why everyone hates the United States :eek:

:rofl:

My blue eyes get killed by haze. It is actually worse then bright sunshine for me. That is why I love Bronze and Titanium Polarized lenses.

By the end of the 20th century, Fahrenheit was used as the official temperature scale only in the United States (including its unincorporated territories), its freely associated states in the Western Pacific (Palau, the Federated States of Micronesia and the Marshall Islands), theBahamas, Belize, and the Cayman Islands. All other countries in the world now use the Celsius scale, defined since 1954 by absolute zero being −273.15 °C and the triple point of water being at 0.01 °C.[3]

Holy s!ht, i now understand why everyone hates the United States :eek:

:rofl:

It probably has less to do with our units of measurement, and more to do with how much we love to point out how effeminate, or metrosexual men from other countries tend to be. Seinfeld even did an entire show on it..... "Its not a purse, its European!!!"

carry-all-seindfeld-03.jpg

Oh, and......... :popcorn:

Back