• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sunglass Hut

GenericMIKE

Oakley Enthusiast
Today I went to my local Sunglass Hut in Macy's to see if I can pick up a few shades.

And when I went, the personnel knew nothing about sunglasses and pushed brands such as Ray-Ban. I was shocked to discover that there were no Oakley Frogskins, one of the most iconic and popular shades by Oakley. And the only colors they had from the variety of Oakley's that were there only had black iridium lens and black frames. So I didn't buy anything. Very disappointed.

That's unusual for SGH. The store near my house tends to push oakley products more. It helps I'm in there alot telling them the importance of each frame. Frogskins and holbrooks in a wide variety there. Perhaps an email sent to the SGH head office would change that. Sorry to hear.

That's unusual for SGH. The store near my house tends to push oakley products more. It helps I'm in there alot telling them the importance of each frame. Frogskins and holbrooks in a wide variety there. Perhaps an email sent to the SGH head office would change that. Sorry to hear.

Good idea, I'll try to contact the head office. Maybe they'll give me a discount for the poor selection and service I had the first time? :)
(and then I'll remove the bad reviews I already posted about it)

Nope I'd leave those right where they are. It's always good to see both bad and good experiences. In Canada we don't tend to have stores within stores perhaps that's the issue there. The SGH you went to at the Macy's I'm assuming is very small. Correct?

Nope I'd leave those right where they are. It's always good to see both bad and good experiences. In Canada we don't tend to have stores within stores perhaps that's the issue there. The SGH you went to at the Macy's I'm assuming is very small. Correct?
It was 1/3 the size of a normal store, if that means anything to you.

Today I went to my local Sunglass Hut in Macy's to see if I can pick up a few shades.

And when I went, the personnel knew nothing about sunglasses and pushed brands such as Ray-Ban. I was shocked to discover that there were no Oakley Frogskins, one of the most iconic and popular shades by Oakley. And the only colors they had from the variety of Oakley's that were there only had black iridium lens and black frames. So I didn't buy anything. Very disappointed.
Where was this? What SGH exactly?

From what I have experienced, your mileage will vary from hut to hut. My city has a SGH in Macy's and a SGH inside the same mall. The SGH stores have a limited selection of Oakley, and the ones inside Macy's have a more sparse selection. The associates typically push what sells and it isn't Oakley. My local SGHs don't carry the Frogs at all.

The Macy's SGH was more impersonal than the regular SGH, though. I have bought from both stores here, but I end up buying from SGH out of town since the Oakley selection is better.

Latest Posts

Back