• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sunglass leashes...

DrtyHarry

Oakley Expert
I am looking to pick up some sunglass leashes for assorted model of Oakleys. Mostly for X-Metals, Blades, Square Wire 2.0s and Half Jacket 2.0s. I found this one company that offers almost a dozen different kinds, the name of the company is called Edge Eyewear. Not sure what kind to pick up and for what models. Anyone have any experience with them? I mean...I know a lot of us have some rather expensive glasses, and would hate it if they fell off our face and got all messed up. I usually just fold an arm of the glasses and place it hooked under my chin on my shirt. BUT....once in a while they fall out. ANY input would be greatly appreciated. THANKS! Oh...and they have a real thin "rope" version. I take it I would use these on real light frames like the SW 2.0s and the Blades. The Half Jackets are also light, but have rather thick arms. Thoughts??

When,and if I use anything it cablz..Cablz Eyewear Retention - Cablz

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. They sure have a lot of options. The Edge versions only cost about $2.00 and there are several different styles to pick from. I like how these CABLZ don't really get in the way of resting on your neck/shoulders. The adjustable "ZIPZ" look interesting. They do have a few options though...do I want 8",12", 14" or 16"? Do I want regular size rubber ends or extra large? I take it for my thin wire frame type glasses, I would want the regular size rubbers...but maybe for the Juliets, I would want the extra large rubbers? Are they easy to put on and take off? I figure I might get one Zips and one regular version. Not sure about the size though...how did you figure out what size you needed?? Thanks again!

I checked the site and found a shop 2 minutes away that carries them, so I'm going to bring some of my Oaks to them tomorrow and see what fits best. I'll post back my findings...hope they have the new ZIPZ, there is another shop about 10 mins from me (same store) that carries them as well according to the website. I like the fact these work well with motorcycle helmets, as stated. Again...thanks for the point in the right direction. :)

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. They sure have a lot of options. The Edge versions only cost about $2.00 and there are several different styles to pick from. I like how these CABLZ don't really get in the way of resting on your neck/shoulders. The adjustable "ZIPZ" look interesting. They do have a few options though...do I want 8",12", 14" or 16"? Do I want regular size rubber ends or extra large? I take it for my thin wire frame type glasses, I would want the regular size rubbers...but maybe for the Juliets, I would want the extra large rubbers? Are they easy to put on and take off? I figure I might get one Zips and one regular version. Not sure about the size though...how did you figure out what size you needed?? Thanks again!
Yw..I'd say the regular for the Juliet as well as the xl seems more for the lifestyle type frames..I usually get the 14 so it hangs where I like..they're not real hard to get off but def won't fell or slip off under normal use

Yw..I'd say the regular for the Juliet as well as the xl seems more for the lifestyle type frames..I usually get the 14 so it hangs where I like..they're not real hard to get off but def won't fell or slip off under normal use

I'm sure they hold real well...I asked if they were easy to take on and off so I can put them on whatever pair I decide to wear for the day...answering my question if I should get more than just one or two. So 14" works best for you? Hopefully my local store has a few different sizes for me to try. The ZIPZ look cool, do you have any of those?

Back