• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sunglasses And Customs

jiveSEVEN

I Should Work at Oakley...
Denver, CO
So I am currently in Iraq. During my 8 month tour here so far, I have accumulated quite a bit of sunglasses I purchased online. I didn't have a very safe way to transport all of them with me, so I decided to mail about 10 pairs home through USPS Priority. Of course I had to fill out customs forms and they were marked as "collectible sunglasses". Someone I was talking to gave me a little scare though. He said he sent 10 perfumes home and customs confiscated them since they assumed he had intent to "resell" or they were "counterfeit" and he did not get them back. Do you all know if I have anything to worry about? All Oakleys have "Made in the USA" on them as far as I know....I am scared to death now though thinking they will think I bought fakes and are planning to resell!

I just mark all my international packages as "sunglasses" or various. I try to give customs as little reason as possible to check my packaging.

Cool...yea most of em aren't even in the boxes. I flattened out the boxes and they are in a laptop case. The sunnies are all in microfiber bags inside pelican cases. I guess I'll just have to wait and see!

Too late, I am hopping on a bird tomorrow and getting to the post office was already a tedious task so I had to ship 10 in a box...just keeping my fingers crossed...

Back