• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sunglasses in times of war.........

Are those really vietcong, i would think that photo is from the war against the french, which was earlier. The Vietcong the US and Aus. fought were sadly well equipped by China and the Soviet Union. Not sure if they gave the Vietcong sunglasses however, but hey, it´s China, they might have provided the VC with a Oakley knockoff or two. <<<joke , (China makes real oakleys)

Last edited:
I am sorry, PSVR was invented by Sony Japan for this purpose only:

Official game manual

_1904183_650x.jpg

Are those really vietcong, i would think that photo is from the war against the french, which was earlier. The Vietcong the US and Aus. fought were sadly well equipped by China and the Soviet Union. Not sure if they gave the Vietcong sunglasses however, but hey, it´s China, they might have provided the VC with a Oakley knockoff or two. <<<joke , (China makes real oakleys)
yes That photo really from the war the US (not french), they are RUNG SAC special force. Soviet Union gave us weapon but not have any glasses..:cool-20:

They are special forces ? Looks more like special needs forces. Makes the defeat even more embarrassing , oh well, i blame the generals

I just called a friend of mine who was in Viet Nam for three years. He said that They were issued glasses made by American Optical. They were kind of an aviator, only they had rectangular lenses. He said that a lot of guys wore stuff that they brought from home, but the glasses issued were American Optical. I remember him wearing them in the 70's. I don't know if they were his military issue, but they looked just like the Military Issue.
I collect antique eyeglasses, and I have some high quality wire frames made by AO. The big three in the 30's were Bausch & Lomb, American Optical, and Art-Craft. They were all very close in style and quality.

It's all personal preference...

Some guys go to eat with Rayban Aviators...

Other guys go to war with no glasses at all...

IMG_0793.JPG
IMG_0794.JPG

Latest Posts

Back