• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

SUNGLASSES LENS ENQUIRY

STEVE WOOD

Oakley Beginner
Hi I am looking to purchase some new prescription sunglasses for driving in as I find some of my Oakley lenses too dark, I enquired with Oakley and they recommended Prizm Road, but I've gone to order them from place I always have my Oakleys from and they've said they aren't much good for driving in as they are designed for sports and as they are contrast enhanced lenses you wouldn't be able to see traffic lights properly, I'm getting really confused, would anybody be able to advice on some really good lenses that aren't to dark, and is this information I'm being told wrong because surely Oakley should know.

Thank you.

Hi I am looking to purchase some new prescription sunglasses for driving in as I find some of my Oakley lenses too dark, I enquired with Oakley and they recommended Prizm Road, but I've gone to order them from place I always have my Oakleys from and they've said they aren't much good for driving in as they are designed for sports and as they are contrast enhanced lenses you wouldn't be able to see traffic lights properly, I'm getting really confused, would anybody be able to advice on some really good lenses that aren't to dark, and is this information I'm being told wrong because surely Oakley should know.

Thank you.
Try Prizm Daily polarized @ 14% transmission.
you wouldn't be able to see traffic lights properly
BS. If that were true, the Safety Nannies would have them banned.

Prizm Road is the coolest color IMHP.
Base tint is neutral gray. So no issue with colors.

Hi, this is where I'm getting confused, as Oakley say all the prizm road are suitable for driving and they all have a rose base colour tint and they are all contrast enchanced lenses.

Read this, it might help you.

Read this, it might help you.
Thank you

Back