• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sunglasses That Need To Go Away

If you could whisper into Jim's ear, which sunglasses would you tell him to discontinue?

• Gas Cans

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • Oil Rigs

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • M-Frames

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Frogskins

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • M-Frames(I cannot emphasize the need for them to go away enough)

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Other(please specify in your comments)

Votes: 6 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No speculation involved. The thread is simply asking for an opinion.

If you think change is a bad thing, that's a "you issue".

Many people do not like the fact that most(if not all) wire frame Oakley glasses are made in China. If those models went away, it could increase their sales. This would be a very positive change.

Rumor has it that Jim is not a fan of Frogskins, and considers them one of the biggest mistakes the company has made.

From what I've been told he dislikes the fact that the style is a copy of a Ray-Ban Wayfarer.

This may just be a rumor, but I've heard this from a few different sources that have worked for Oakley for many years.

Does Jim like the Frogskin, not really, or at least that is the impression I got from him. Did it make lots of $$ so the company could pour funds into R & D to make the other cool stuff, yes. Just because he personally didnt like the model does not mean its wasnt a good move for the company overall.

I think like many the breadbox was not a great design, neither was the garage rock. The half jacket never really grew on me either but I like the half jacket 2.0 design better than the original.
The m frame will forever be an iconic oakley design and one of the best, very versatile.

Does Jim like the Frogskin, not really, or at least that is the impression I got from him. Did it make lots of $$ so the company could pour funds into R & D to make the other cool stuff, yes. Just because he personally didnt like the model does not mean its wasnt a good move for the company overall.
While the Frogskin helped make the company what it is today, that doesn't mean the style is still needed, or that it shouldn't be discontinued.

Rumor has it that Jim is not a fan of Frogskins, and considers them one of the biggest mistakes the company has made.

From what I've been told he dislikes the fact that the style is a copy of a Ray-Ban Wayfarer.

This may just be a rumor, but I've heard this from a few different sources that have worked for Oakley for many years.

read the questions for jim thread, he answered this question

Questions for Jim! | Oakley Forum

Last edited:
Back