• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sunglasses touching/hitting my cheek

Artos74

Oakley Beginner
First of all thank you for accepting me here. I am pretty new to the Oakley glasses hobby and wanted to ask your opinion about glasses touching your cheek.

I have a cap size 8 head so I have bought a pair of Pit bulls and Big Tacos and wearing them causally they don’t but when laughing or speaking, the sunglasses are touching/hitting my cheek. Is it normal, you guys experience the same? Any advice to avoid or it is something I’d have to accept as it is? Thank you and big hello from Hungary, Europe.

Yeah. that happens a lot, and to me with many types of sunglasses, not just Oakleys. This is the reason I do not wear the Pit Bull or Pit Boss. The most recent offending model seems to be the Badman - a lot of folks are going to the Asian-fit style to compensate for this as the spacing and curvature put the lenses out a bit which gives additional clearance.

I'd say if there is a style you like see if it comes in an Asian-fit. Otherwise, move on to other pairs and/or pairs that are adjustable, even a different size nose pad can make a big difference. If the frames hit one cheek more than the other than styles that allow for other adjustments, like the temple shocks in X-Metals (the original X-Metals, not those new styles that 'carry on the tradition'...)

Good Luck!

Back