• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Swapping Plaintiff Lenses

There's a Phillips head screw you need to undo under the leg. If you are good enough you can pop the lens in without taking the screw completely out. Its the easiest wire frame to custom.

Sweet! thanks for the info! now i need to just get someone replacement lenses! =) planning to swap out the lenses of my Crosshair 1.0 as well, should be the same method?

Crosshairs are harder. You should take the screw completely out also Oakley changed the size of the lenses towards the end of it's life cycle so some newer lenses don't fit the older frames

Crosshairs are harder. You should take the screw completely out also Oakley changed the size of the lenses towards the end of it's life cycle so some newer lenses don't fit the older frames

that's what i heard as well. and no one seems to know for sure what are the telltale signs to differentiate between the 2 "generations" of the crosshair 1.0s. but that's another story for another day. gonna try and see if i can get some replacement plaintiff lenses for the Plaintiff first and foremost.

thanks for all your advice though!

I have the moto plaintiff with OO high def polarized lens in them.. they are my everyday glasses i use to have NANO 3.0 as daily glasses but got them replaced and retired them after oakley stopped making them. the plaintiff is a great light glasses.. only down side is they didn't put any rubber on the side of the frame so if you wear them on your hat or anything like that they fall off.. so I had to put a para cord on mine. I had to send the frame into oakley to get adjusted so they replaced the lens for me with the OO ones.. regular lens cost 70 and the OO high def polarized cost 80.. both of us scratched our heads on that deal.. the oakley guy asked me if i wanted my old lens back, I asked do i get a discount or something if you keep them. He says no we just destroy them. I said well hell yes i want them back..

If you were willing to part with those goldbrooks i would be more than willing to hook you up with an abundance of replacement lenses... 0:)

ha! i think i may have a lead to getting lenses from where i'm based. i'll find out for sure tmr. =)

Back