• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Switching XS lenses

discostu

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
UK
Just how tough is changing XS lenses over! Talk about stiff compared to a juliet etc ... Getting them in is ok but removing them is murder! If there's an easy way please let me know as my fingers are killing me :-0

my XS are suuuuuper easy to change...

my XX are the pains in the ass though........

Cheers. I did give them some force to open up but the lens doesn't seem to pop out as on other frames. Being as careful as I could that is. Maybe it's myself not being used to doing them, but they do need a right good bit of effort!

See idk how that is. Just open it, pop the bottom off, and they come right out.
yeah, I guess I could have been more clear...

on the XX and XS (I'm familiar with those), as soon as you unscrew it, you can easily push push the lens through...

i guess it was more about tightening them back up with the screw...

took me 2 or 3 minutes to get the screw back into the hole and then tighten them up on my XX (used pair)...

some XS frames are extremely difficult to pry open to swap lenses, especially so if the lenses are slightly too big to start with as you need to use all your fingers to yank the orbitals open whilst massaging the lens out of the frame. I've also seen some tight Juliet orbitals but they are relatively easier to deal with as the orbital break doesn't have a 'notch' grabbing onto the corner of the lens like how XS does

Latest Posts

Back