• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

T Wire - Very 1st Titanium Oakley.....?

Please Help, Anyone. I bought 2 pairs of "Vintage E Wire Oakleys" on eBay. I got a great deal. But I want to buy new lenses & ear socks but every time I search for lenses for E Wire Oakleys none of them look like they will fit. I created this account in a last ditch effort to figure this out, please someone tell me what these are.
20180316_200911.jpg
20180316_200809.jpg
20180316_200854.jpg
Grrrr!!!

Screenshot_20180317-003926.png

Thank you so much. Since they were listed as A Wire, I was so confused. When looking for new lenses, the lenses that are round like these are called A Wire "Collectible". The "Collectible" part isn't part of their name is it? Do they have a subname, like 1.0 or anything? Do those of you with a lot more knowledge about Oakleys than me, think I got a good deal? I got 2 pair for $41. For me, I'm happy but in the Oakley world is that a good deal?

Yeah - seems a good deal to me. Eric is anything from a few quid to about £100ish for BNIB pair.

When I had my first pair of wire in 1996 they were just called e-Wire.

All the old wires are collectable but they dont have any real value as such.

I miss the old first gen's. I had a pair when my head (and the rest of me) was much less fat. Oh to be 20 again. They seemed to be just big enough to look good.

Please Help, Anyone. I bought 2 pairs of "Vintage E Wire Oakleys" on eBay. I got a great deal. But I want to buy new lenses & ear socks but every time I search for lenses for E Wire Oakleys none of them look like they will fit. I created this account in a last ditch effort to figure this out, please someone tell me what these are. View attachment 447088 View attachment 447090 View attachment 447089 Grrrr!!!

View attachment 447087

Oakley Vintage E Wire Lenses | eBay

Sorry guys, I need help 1 more time. These are Oakley A Wire but when I search lenses, all I find are A Wire "Thick" compatible. The seller has no idea what I'm talking about so I was hoping you guys could help me once more. Are these "Thick"? Are they in fact vintage A Wire? If they aren't Thick & are A Wire, any suggestions where to find new lenses?
20180317_143224.png
20180317_143210.png
20180317_143139.png

Defo not 'Thick'

Look like C Wire with Fire Irid lens.

Best to look out on eBay or try and get custom cut.

The guy in the link above may have them. Worth a try. He has loads of lenses.

Back