• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

T6 Screws

Yeah I should call them to see if they have any Penny screws to spare. I figure I should probably stock up on them.

The hinges are actually fine. I just wanted to take it apart to clean them as there was some build up. The warm soapy bath got rid of most of it but I wanted to make sure the insides of the hinges didn't have build up as well.

I dunno what the previous owner did but there was quite a bit of dirt build up along the edges of the lenses, the nose connectors and the outside of the hinges.

yup same with mine. seemed like he used them to roll in the mud with.. so much crud on them so i pulled the earstems and cleaned and regreased the springs just to be safe. if you find a good source for them hinge screws please share!

I bought new screws on eBay to replace an orbital screw that had a head that started to strip on the TiO2. Tried to get it out but couldn't. Had to use a Dremel. Needless to say it didn't turn out well.

I fricken HATE T6 screws.

ouch! i cringe as i read your post. did something wrong happen to the frames (i hope not)? i'm too paranoid when it comes to these screws too...

ouch! i cringe as i read your post. did something wrong happen to the frames (i hope not)? i'm too paranoid when it comes to these screws too...
Let's just say the frames are no longer perfect. I'm probably going to look for a later generation TiO2 now.

I can't reiterate enough how much I &%$#ing HATE T6 screws.

Latest Posts

Back