• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Taken apart Hollow Point faceplate.

Amak.2DK

Double Down Kings
Hey Fam,

For the people who has the extra HP face dial, can someone please take a photo back of the face. As I recently aquired the Hollow Point and wanted to take it up a notch by changing the background to CF.

Here's. Mock up I did many years ago, let me kkow what you guys think?

26-304fw800fh800 CF (1).jpg

Maybe @Steven Goldberg can help you out, he got a lot of watch parts and maybe have Hollow point dial he can take a look at on the back side.

For me it looks like the colored areas are milled down and the back is probably flat... or... idk for sure :lol:

Last edited:
Maybe @Steven Goldberg can help you out, he got a lot of watch parts and maybe have Hollow point dial he can take a look at on the back side.

For me it looks like the colored areas are milled down and the back is probably flat... or... idk for sure :lol:
I’m curious now, but just have to wait for @Steven Goldberg if it’s possible to sent the photos. Thanks for the reply Bro @Scarface

Thanks bro, I think it's possible.
Hate to say it but I don’t think it’s possible. I’ve tore these apart and I’m not sure if I could find pics or not. Not much space between the surfaces to fit carbon fiber in. Or are you planning on making the hole back plate mad out of carbon fiber. I can pop one apart over the next day or two if I get time.

I did one with purple in those areas awhile ago. Although I messed up some of the details on the subdials. But if you take the upper portion off and just have some carbon fiber looking vinyl cut and stuck down leaving the dials exposed it should work. Or with an actual piece of super thin carbon fiber sandwiched in between the two layers could work as well.

20201216_152335.jpg

20201216_152218.jpg

Hate to say it but I don’t think it’s possible. I’ve tore these apart and I’m not sure if I could find pics or not. Not much space between the surfaces to fit carbon fiber in. Or are you planning on making the hole back plate mad out of carbon fiber. I can pop one apart over the next day or two if I get time.
Oh yeah, I fear it won’t be successful at all. But if you have the chance to take one apart and have a photo would be awesome.
I did one with purple in those areas awhile ago. Although I messed up some of the details on the subdials. But if you take the upper portion off and just have some carbon fiber looking vinyl cut and stuck down leaving the dials exposed it should work. Or with an actual piece of super thin carbon fiber sandwiched in between the two layers could work as well.

View attachment 857777

View attachment 857778
Wow, Zach you are a true pioneer. Beautiful dial and if You don’t mind me asking what happen to the sub dial?

Why couldn’t you just scan the face and then have some vinyl cut to perfectly fit? Then you could do what ever you wanted

Back