• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Taking Oakley Watches apart for repair or modification ?

JasonB13

Oakley Enthusiast
Pittsburgh
So I know I have seen a few pictures here but even searching I can not find them.
I was wanting to know are there any members here that take the movements apart on their watches?
I have swapped a few, but does any of you fine watch people have pictures of the watches you have stripped down or changed faces on watches?
I would love to see the inner workings of the watches.

Maybe this could be helpful for other members as well, Please feel free to add pictures and information and tools used and tag members that you might know of that do this.
I remember seeing someone on here with a minute machine tore apart on a workbench.
thank you all for any info that might show up even just something as simple as a battery swap.

Majority of oakley watches are standard quartz movements and there's a ton of pics of those on essingler of you wanna see what a movement looks like.

Zach walked me through replacing the movement on a red skull crush watch recently but I didn't take any pictures worth posting. Interesting though I was able to swap the date dial too. The replacement was slightly different so I kept the original. The next time I have to tear one down I'll get better pics.

That would be very helpful,i have some tools to change batteries, and did a couple of movement swaps ,but really interested in seeing date and hands being removed and place back on
I have looked on youtube found some good watch videos of that.
but no oakley watches😐

Back