• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Talking "Oakley's" with a stranger.......

I tried having an in-person Oakley chat the other day... Guy had an Oakley hat (ellipse O with colored stars and stripes) and an Oakley keychain. When I asked him if he was a fan, he launched into the great deal on t shirts and hats he got at the outlet that day... Disappointed, I nodded when I should have and didn't continue the conversation.

You don't like t-shirts and hats? I don't get the problem.

Last edited:
Interesting story. Let's see if he joins.

And yeah. Get rid of those fakes. :p
You all can revel in your glory, something not many have been able to do, riddled with guilt, I wore my split jackets (fakes have been hidden from the light) when I returned to pick up my car.

I told him (the guy at the dealership) the story how I was "flamed" on the forum and he laughed. I gave him my forum name and told him to look me if up he joined. Will be interesting if he does. I left out the trans-gender stuff.

Without getting too deep, especially for a Friday, after picking up my car I went to a near-by Walmart. On my way in I noticed a group of young people, early 20's or maybe recently graduated seniors. There were 5 of them and entered the store after I did.

Several minutes later, coming out of an aisle, I saw them standing together, all of them with their faces in their phones. I went down a few more aisles and maybe 5 mins later came across them again, same spot, faces still buried in their phones.

"Where are you going with this Orion?" "Glad you asked"

I find it interesting that the younger generations are so focused on social interaction while in a group on an electronic device and I get much more pleasure with live social interactions like the one I had earlier today.

I wouldn't doubt for a moment that if this younger generations could put their phones up to their genitals, and some how physically have intercourse, they would never be seen in public again.

I tried having an in-person Oakley chat the other day... Guy had an Oakley hat (ellipse O with colored stars and stripes) and an Oakley keychain. When I asked him if he was a fan, he launched into the great deal on t shirts and hats he got at the outlet that day... Disappointed, I nodded when I should have and didn't continue the conversation.
At least you tried to interact with a human being rather than an electronic device. I saw something interesting today I commented on just a few moments ago

Back