• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Target Shooting!

Is it a snub nose? Those aren't very accurate or consistent. They're great for concealment and personal defense, but not for target shooting. You may want to pick up a full size, semi auto pistol for target practice. So much more fun to shoot a semi auto than a revolver.

Is it a snub nose? Those aren't very accurate or consistent. They're great for concealment and personal defense, but not for target shooting. You may want to pick up a full size, semi auto pistol for target practice. So much more fun to shoot a semi auto than a revolver.

Don't have a choice fishy. We are not allowed to own firearms in singapore and the only reason why i am lucky enough to shoot is due to my job nature haha! And unlike other countries, we cant purchase our own firearms. Haha. Normal barrel I assume.
My test scores for the past few shoot have been a mere 2nd class.

Any advices guys? Ha! For three of my test shots I only managed a meagre 60+%. Moreover I shoot with laser. Oh and I am on the tuaras revolver 0.38mm.

Only advice I can offer is...

Shoot with both eyes open... I only really focus on the front sight...
Get rid of the laser and use the sights... In a dark environment the laser will detract from your night vision....
When you grip the pistol point both of your thumbs at the target...

Thats what works for me... Might not work for everyone.

Oh yeah... Practice, Practice, Practice. Then practice some more! Haha...

Only advice I can offer is...

Shoot with both eyes open... I only really focus on the front sight...
Get rid of the laser and use the sights... In a dark environment the laser will detract from your night vision....
When you grip the pistol point both of your thumbs at the target...

What works for an auto doesn't really work for a revolver in most respects, ESPECIALLY with grip technique.

Any advice I can give will be based on how you're doing, what your issues are, etc.

Chances are you've got a long, heavy double action trigger that you're snatching or going too slow with. If your sight alignment fundamentals are good the trigger prep and follow through are tough with revolvers.

Ive never been able to close just one eye, cant wink obviously... I shoot with both eyes open and blend the two sights into one at the target. Took some figuring out but works well for me.

I'm actually a lot clearer when closing one eye. By that I mean the WHOLE picture! (front sights, rear sights AND target) Everything seems much clearer, even tho I know you're meant to shoot with both eyes open in order to let in more light, increasing your depth of field. I bought a headband/eye shield (frost) combo off eBay recently, and even tho the picture still isn't as clear as closing the non-aiming eye, it's made a big difference to using both eyes opened.

Here's the picture of my Personal Best as mentioned earlier.

10m Air Pistol. 95/100 (inserted my thumbnail so you can see exactly how small the targeted area really is and how fine my grouping is getting at only 5 weeks into the sport)

959b2706.jpg

Thats REALLY good, great job!

Thanks GRF!

Shot another PB on yesterday's visit. 96/100. (pictured below) Smashed my previous overall PB as well. Jumped from 545/600 to 553/600. A mere 7 points off A Class in 10m Air Pistol and only 22 points off Master Class. (Master Class is what you need in order to compete at International and Olympic level)

There is an open competition coming up near me soon, but in order to compete you obviously need a handgun license. I've only been attending my local pistol club for about 6 weeks now as a visitor because they like you to go for about three months before offering membership. However, the club president said he is thinking about fast tracking me so that I will have my probationary pistol license before the upcoming comp so I can enter it. He is confident I will do very well for a beginner.

75cb7543.jpg

Back