• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Target Shooting!

I was looking up results for the most recent National Championships (10 Air Pistol) the other day and I actually surprised myself a little!! Turns out that my current personal best puts my inside the top 25 Air Pistol shooters in Australia!!:blink:

Didn't actually realize I was that good! :biggrin: Now all I need to do is get myself into some competitions ASAP!

I was looking up results for the most recent National Championships (10 Air Pistol) the other day and I actually surprised myself a little!! Turns out that my current personal best puts my inside the top 25 Air Pistol shooters in Australia!!:blink:

Didn't actually realize I was that good! :biggrin: Now all I need to do is get myself into some competitions ASAP!

win some money to buy more oakleys bhabha

Yet again, another PB from my most recent visit to my local pistol club. 97/100 (10m Air Pistol). I'm determined to shoot a perfect 100!!!

So now there are 26 Air Pistol shooters in Oz? :biggrin:

Hahaha!! That actually made me laugh! (needed it too cause I've had a crap day at work!!)

Unfortunately Competitve Air Pistol Shooting isn't as popular here in Australia as it is in other countries, particularly European counties, and for some reason, on average, the women out-shoot the men greatly! Here in Australia tho, you need a hand gun license in order to own an Air Pistol. Truth be told, once most people get their license, an Air Pistol is the last thing they want to own. They generally just want to get themselves a semi-automatic .22 or something and have fun out on the range.

I get it.
If I had to get the same license for an air pistol as a real pistol I would go for the bigger bang too!

I get it.
If I had to get the same license for an air pistol as a real pistol I would go for the bigger bang too!

To be honest, my initial reason for even attending my local pistol club in the beginning was because I thought it would be "cool" to go out and shoot hand guns. However, after getting into the Air Pistol side of it, I've become really excited about it (the fact I've gotten so good at it so fast helped too). I have been out shooting a semi-automatic .22 Colt, but it didn't really do much for me to be honest. (even tho on my second attempt ever using a hand gun I shot 4 out of 5 bullseyes from 25m.... one handed of course)

Latest Posts

Back