• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Taste Vs. Function Vs. Cheapskate

It's more about style for me but I have a good range of everything from Wires to O-Matter to X-Metal. Price usually isn't an issue unless we're talking about the Elite stuff which I haven't bothered with because of the prices on them.

But yeah, for t-shirt, shorts and baseball cap days or league days I usually wear O-Matters. Formal occasions I wear my Wires and casual days I wear my X-Metals.

Styleaddict/colormatching monster...... secondarily function

I am almost a girl when it comes to making sure that my glasses or goggles match my mountainbike/roadbike outfit or my skiing clothes...... then of course I go to lenghts to use the perfect lense for the situation (needless to say I own WAY to many Jawbone and Splice goggle lenses).

I always bring two pairs of goggles on the mountain with different lenses

Oh well.....no wonder my mates consider my the gear-pusher

I guess taste and function for me.. Although I am limited by funds which I guess makes me look for the deals. I feel lucky to have what I have but I look for the deals when I buy, the last pair I Bought New was a pair of Fives for my wife (got them at the Vault) Last new pair I bought for me were my X Metal XX with RX lenses ( now regular lenses in them). I got those in 2006.

I added 2 pair of Juliets this year, one from a member here and one from a Co-worker

in fact i sold my older M-frames here to fund one of the Juliet purchases.

"Looks" at first. I won´t buy a pair, that doesn´t look good on me. So we come to style and colours: Being a middle-aged man, I think some models are meant to be for the youth (Frogs, Jupiters...), some frames (White...) and flashy lenses (fire, ruby, 24k...) as well. Second point, function: I need some special lenses for special activities like skiing or fishing, so lens-options are important in this case. In general, I´m feeling better wearing lightweight glasses with a nice wrap, I never buy more than one pair of a model, I never buy lenses that look nice from the outside but irritate my eyes from the inside, and I´m always looking for a good deal when purchasing. So, that are the reasons for owning just 7 pairs at the moment :)

I've been liking the x-metal line up recently. I was never really an x-metal fan before because of the lack of function, weight and cost (for my wants and needs at least) . But after being here for a few weeks, the "X" influence is starting to rub off! I'm starting to find myself perusing through the boards and ebay for a pair of XM x-square's. I...don't....know...if I can...control myself!!!! Hahaha!

I have my particular tastes, and all of the glasses I own need to be able to be worn and be effective at keeping my eyes safe. I also don't like breaking the bank. I shoot competitive pistol and rifle, and I have sensitive eyes that really don't like sunlight. So I own;

SI M-Frames (x2, black irid pol, grey, clear), SI Flak Jacket (gold irid pol), SI Half Jacket (grey pol), SI Ten (VR28 black irid pol), Pewter Square Wires (warm grey) bought here for $35. With all of the SI frames being bought pretty darn cheaply, most through the USSI program.

I'm trying to break the chain. I've been looking to branch out into something with color and style. Right now I'm looking at *gasp* polished or jet black Radars (not offered in Matte), or a set of Inmates or Crosshair 2 if I find the right set at the right price.

I have my particular tastes, and all of the glasses I own need to be able to be worn and be effective at keeping my eyes safe. I also don't like breaking the bank. I shoot competitive pistol and rifle, and I have sensitive eyes that really don't like sunlight. So I own;

SI M-Frames (x2, black irid pol, grey, clear), SI Flak Jacket (gold irid pol), SI Half Jacket (grey pol), SI Ten (VR28 black irid pol), Pewter Square Wires (warm grey) bought here for $35. With all of the SI frames being bought pretty darn cheaply, most through the USSI program.

I'm trying to break the chain. I've been looking to branch out into something with color and style. Right now I'm looking at *gasp* polished or jet black Radars (not offered in Matte), or a set of Inmates or Crosshair 2 if I find the right set at the right price.

Hang on, isnt the SI radar matte black?

I've been liking the x-metal line up recently. I was never really an x-metal fan before because of the lack of function, weight and cost (for my wants and needs at least) . But after being here for a few weeks, the "X" influence is starting to rub off! I'm starting to find myself perusing through the boards and ebay for a pair of XM x-square's. I...don't....know...if I can...control myself!!!! Hahaha!

HAHA! what are you kidding the X metals are 100% functional, not that heavy, and last FOREVERR. its an investment, yo. =)

Back