• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

TB1 Collectibility

Love the TB1 design, just hated the movement. If you don't wear it often the capacitor will run out of energy and the watch will die. If this happens a few times, the capacitor will no longer hold a strong charge and will have to be replaced. So, if you don't have many watches in your rotation and it gets worn a few times a week then you're OK.

As far as depreciation, it has already depreciated by about 65% from msrp. I think if you get one around $400-$500 you shouldn't expect it to depreciate any more.

It is collectable among Oakley collectors, not so much by watch enthusiasts.

There are too many TB1s out there for it to be a truly timeless collectible. I own one and I love the look of it, but as other forums members have stated, it lacks in several areas that watch enthusiasts would frown upon: quartz movement, mineral glass, kinetic movement which is prone to having its capacitor die.

My opinion is to buy a watch for enjoyment purposes, not for its potential re-sale value.

I would say it's all down to condition when it comes to a TB1 and having the capacitor replaced to the upgraded version is a must. Once this is done the watch will run for months when charged. They are an iconic design and probably a little like marmite. You either love them or hate them. Personally I love them. They are very comfortable, lightweight (x metal version) and extremely accurate. I don't use them as a daily watch, but at least a couple of times a month when the mood takes me. A definite classic in Oakley history!
My pair :)
D94B8063-042F-4C3A-8374-7BD88D3F8D71_zpss9mzd0ov.jpg