• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

TB1 glass removing for polishing?

Hitech Vojtech

I should Work at Oakley
Shanghai,China
Hi guys i finally got the TB1 used one for a project and want to polish the body and links....
the question is is it needed to remove the glass for polishing the watch? anyone here done this job before? i guess removing all links to polish is just easy job.....
thanks for any recommendations

I polished up a small icon for my wife the crystal was pretty beat up and the watch was as well. Was able to sand and Polish the crystal and polished the case and band with it all together.

think i would try to leave it in place.

although i have just removed a scuff from my crystal and was surprised at how easy it was to remove material with very little effort....

thanks for input guys! i actually was thinking to remove the glass and the watch mechanism.from the body for easy polishing..... the glass is in good shape i dont need to touch it.....im just bit worried if i tape-mask the glass when i will sand the body of the watch if i.can get 100% effect even in the corners with glass.
thanks

was it difficult do polish thr body of the watch? i have spent a hell of a time already going 300,400,500,900,1000 and 2000grits and still feels bit smudget ....so either im not removing the coating fully or im doing something else wrong...i have feeling polishing x squared was more easy job since i.made same technique perfect polished mirror finish..any tip is welcome sir :)

Just for clarification: are you saying that you have successfully removed all the scratches from the metal, but you are having difficulty getting the finish to be as smoothly polished as you would like?

Latest Posts

Back