• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

TdF 2013

jrd5497

Oakley Expert
TN
I figured with our discussion on the TdF Oakley post by Shade Station, I would create a topic for us to talk about (and hopefully not spoil) the upcoming Tour de France .

I think we all agree that Chris Froome is the favorite leading up to the Tour with Contador being his main rival. Who else do you all see as a threat or wild card for the overall GC?

I think Andy Schleck will have a good tour. Cadel Evans will ride strong but he never attacks. I'd like to see TJ van Garderen possibly take over the leadership role for BMC if he is riding like he did last year and Cadel is struggling. I also hope that Brent Bookwalter can work his way into a break or have a really strong TT and take a stage win.

Of course it would be great if Jens Voigt got a stage win. You know he will be in the breaks.

Froome is the most probable but that does not mean much in the Tour, anything can happen (look at the year cadel won.) I would like to see Tj in the top 5 and see contador in last (just don't like the guy). I think seeing jens win a stage would be great (i think this may be his last year). And of course i like to see Cav win the green jersey

How could I forget about the Green Jersey. I think we will have a good battle between Peter Sagan and Mark Cavendish. I think Sagan is the only person who can truely pose a threat to Cav in the sprints. However Sagan is a much better climber and I think he may be able to get over some of the climbs and pick up more points then Cav on those stages. I think this will help Sagan take his second Green Jersey in a row. Both of these guys have big personalities and should bring a good rivalry to the TdF. I think Cav is the better sprinter of the two.

Or he could be pulling a page out of Lance's playbook when he acted sick on the stage, letting T Mobile do all the work, then winning the stage and the Tour
I responded here to keep from hijacking the other thread. Honestly, I don't think he is that smart nor that good on his own. He peaked in 2011 and between his knee problems and his sacrum his 2012 was horrible and 2013 doesn't even indicate he has the fitness regardless of his abandons. I had high hopes for his future after 2009 and 2010 that he would be around for a few years, but now I think he is going to be just another pack rider that will have better luck in smaller races. Grand tour victories are out of his reach now IMHO.

I still like Froome for it but there's always a bit of drama at the tour and remember it's his first time leading the team at this event.

Would love to see some more heroic breakaways in the mountains from Tommy Voeckler. Some of the most entertaining stages of recent years have featured him. The finish at Mont Ventoux on Bastille Day, on the 100th Tour seems absolutely fated for him.

Watch out for the Movistar team, they've got some climbers with Quintana and Valverde

And now that Cav has the whole team to lead out for him, I think he'll take the Green Jersey.

Latest Posts

Back