• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

TdF 2013

What a cluster **** for stage one, holy crap!

That is prob the best way to sum it up. I've never seen anything like that before. You know that Orca Green Edge bus driver is pissed. I can't believe all the wrecks as well. At the end of the show they said tomorrows roads are worse

That is prob the best way to sum it up. I've never seen anything like that before. You know that Orca Green Edge bus driver is pissed. I can't believe all the wrecks as well. At the end of the show they said tomorrows roads are worse
Yea for his sake at least he had presence of mind to stop when he did rather then get caught up in the excitement and blast through the entire thing. IF they would have finished at the 3km mark like planned that would have borderline deadly. That is is one way shake up the first day nerves!

I still like Froome for it but there's always a bit of drama at the tour and remember it's his first time leading the team at this event.

Would love to see some more heroic breakaways in the mountains from Tommy Voeckler. Some of the most entertaining stages of recent years have featured him. The finish at Mont Ventoux on Bastille Day, on the 100th Tour seems absolutely fated for him.

At least they had stage 2 running smoothly.

Well we didn't have to wait long to see Thomas Voeckley trying to get away and make one of those lucky breaks. I love how he rides and is always willing to go for it.

Just a request since i don't watch the days stage till after i get home from work can we have a 24 hrs delay on talking about stages?

thanks

yes the bus was an interesting twist. and i agree with cav if the times were nutralized for all riders why were not the points?

I don't watch until the 8 - 11pm showing either so I will either avoid this thread during the day or post about the stage the next morning (like I did this morning about stage 2). I will agree not to post anything about the current stage until the following day, great idea Duke Nivram.

Cav had a great point, and I'm sure everyone agrees with him. I saw on twitter a few other riders said he had a great point. I'm guessing the officials had no protocall as what to do and were just scrambling trying to come up with a solution. I bet they didn't even think of how it would effect the Green Jersey.

Sky could put up a good showing but they are going to be hurting with the guy with the fractured pelvis.

If radioshack had fabian i would put my money on them
Speaking of fabian did anyone else see he trended on twitter yesterday?

Sky could put up a good showing but they are going to be hurting with the guy with the fractured pelvis.

If radioshack had fabian i would put my money on them
Speaking of fabian did anyone else see he trended on twitter yesterday?

I didn't see he trended (I hate social media...) but he did resign with the now Trek team for another three years. Big news for my favorite team! Next are the Schleks...

Back