• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

TdF 2013

I think it was pretty cool what Orca did yesterday in passing the jersey from one team member to the other.

I guess. The cool part was that he was the first S. African. Today's stage with the HC and Cat 1 climbs are going to be fun to watch, see which GC guys move up and down.

Well Andy S stands no chance of winning now, Radio Shack fired his brother officially today. I didn't consider him a favorite this year anyway, but that stuck a fork in him for persevering while under the RS banner.
Absolutely, he even said in the interview shortly after that he 100% will be riding with Frank next year. I wonder if the Trek team will try to hire a new GC contender then.

Absolutely, he even said in the interview shortly after that he 100% will be riding with Frank next year. I wonder if the Trek team will try to hire a new GC contender then.
Cancellera is signed to 2016 when the Trek deal is good to at this point, so they have that as a draw. Apparently he is going for the 1hr record within a years time as well. I think they are liable to bring on at least two people to fill the roles of the Schlek bros with that money freed up to be GC contenders. Look for some younger break out riders from this season to possible jump ship.

Cancellera is signed to 2016 when the Trek deal is good to at this point, so they have that as a draw. Apparently he is going for the 1hr record within a years time as well. I think they are liable to bring on at least two people to fill the roles of the Schlek bros with that money freed up to be GC contenders. Look for some younger break out riders from this season to possible jump ship.
I know they have Fabian signed up but every big team is usually split between a Classic's contender and his team, and a Grand Tours contender with his team, so if Trek loses the Schlek brothers, they'll have to find someone else to fill that Grand Tours contender spot. Don't forget, Jens Voigt is on a one year contract, and I could see him retiring or leaving if the Schlek's leave, he's worked with Andy a lot over the past years.

What was Team Sky on yesterday? They obliterated the field. Impressive performance by Froome and Richie Porte for sure

What was Team Sky on yesterday? They obliterated the field. Impressive performance by Froome and Richie Porte for sure
No doubt, Froome and Porte destroyed everyone. Contador and Evans definitely don't look like they're prime anymore, but hey we still haven't hit the Alps, so we'll see.

I'm interested to see how they all responded today with those 4 big climbs. I wanted to watch it live but went for a 107 mile ride instead so I'll have to catch the replay tonight.

I'm interested to see how they all responded today with those 4 big climbs. I wanted to watch it live but went for a 107 mile ride instead so I'll have to catch the replay tonight.
Only 107? Sounds like a nice warmup... Today's stage was pretty decent, I won't give anything away but those climbs were hard and tore into some guys.

Latest Posts

Back