• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tell me more about Romeo 2's

It is possible to do a lens swap WITHOUT removing the screws..... But I suggest that if you are not familiar with how its done, then don't try it....

I just tried it. It doesn't really work.

Then again, it could be because my wife's Half Jacket XLJ is an Asian fit one. Not sure if Asian fit lenses are different than regular.

But yeah, unless there's a slight lens mod, it won't work. At least not with an Asian fit XLJ lens.

I must admit it doesn't look too bad with the XLJ lens shape on the Romeo 2.0 frame though.

It is possible to do a lens swap WITHOUT removing the screws..... But I suggest that if you are not familiar with how its done, then don't try it....
There's a rubber gasket that's attached to the Romeo 2.0 lens that would be separated from the lens if the lens is removed without removing the screws.

Yah, i'm not going to do it now that the screws are stripped. I just wanted to see how it would look since i have at least 4 HJ XLJ lenses.

I just watched a Romeo 2.0 lens replacement video and the gaskets weren't attached on the lenses for the pair that was shown. Not sure why they are attached on mine. I tried prying the gasket off the lens a little bit but I didn't to risk it pulling the thing off if it were supposed to be attached.

The gaskets are not connected to the lenses. They can separate, but may just be wedged on from being on for a long period of time. The only other thing would be if a previous owner glued the gasket to the lens.

Be sure you have a quality driver as not to strip the screws. The R2 are notorious for getting stripped screws.

Latest Posts

Back